Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how is it???

Post Thanks / Like

Default how is it???

just curious how the bite is....thinking about heading out this week before it rains again... what do you think roadrunners green/black or red/white???

Post Thanks / Like

Red and white is an excellent color after a front moves thru. Black and Chartruese is always a good color and I use it as my standby color. Each lake will support its own color selection for the water color- stained, muddy, or clear. Start with your basic colors that normally work and try a variation of those colors mixing the head and body colors around. By all means try after a front moves thru your area with the red head and white body Road Runner. Just remember that you need to move it really slow. Even put it under a bobber or slip float to slow it down even further if need be. Hope that this will give you an Idea of where to start, and don't forget to take some minnows along incase that is what they want this time. You could even take a few night crawlers along and pinch off an inch and put on the back of your jig to add some natural scent in the water. Always be prepared for what they want is my motto. Take care and have a great trip. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i've done the slip bobber with them seems to work good