Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tackle Backpack?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tackle Backpack?

I was out fishin yesterday at a family pond, and I got on our ATV and got back to the barn and noticed that there was a BIG hole in the side of my tackle backpack. So I was lookin round to see bout gettin another one, and so was wondering does anyone else use one and if so where did you get it?

Thanks,
    AC
    Following in the foot steps of the master fisherman!!
    Mark 1:16-18

Post Thanks / Like

I use a back pack that I got at the sporting goods dept. at Wal-Mart. I keep 2 plano crank bait boxes and my 797si in it.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

I use a backpack I bought when I was in college 25 years ago. Its a caribou mountaineering day pack. They didn't have book bags back then, but it's essentially exactly the same except its built to last a lifetime instead of just one year. I find having a real pack comes in handy and I'd rather spend 50-80 on something that lasts a lifetime than 20 on something that lasts a year.

The Pelican

The Hang Time This is the closest to the one I have in style and quality.

The Potomac

The North Face Slingshot Day Pack, 79885 | Daypacks | Packs | GEAR | items from Campmor.

Campmor and REI have a great selection of quality packs.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Campmor has great prices too. sign up for a free catalog.

I also have two backpacks I bought in 1984. The Jansport has been used one weekend a month and two weeks a year since. Of coarse mine are actual backpacks that I take camping/backpacking. They have seen some use and abuse. If your going to get a daypack fork out thed money for a good one, dont get a school pack. Like mentioned above, they dont last. My day pack I use for my hunting gear. Its been dragged up and down from tree stands alot. Finally wore a hole in the leather bottom.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

BPS as well as Cabellas have the regular fishing tackle bags complete with the plastic handi boxes for tackle and the bags also have back pack straps on them. They are made just for fishing tackle....they are well made and will last for years.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep