Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Perch Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Talking White Perch Tournament

Hello. I am a hardcore white perch fishermen from Virginia and am wondering if there are any tournaments in virginia this year or in 2005 season? I live in fredericksburg va, which is in the middle of DC and Richmond and would be willing to travel as far as 2hrs from my house. Also is this board okay to talk about other type of fishing such as white perch or is there another message board on the web that i should be using instead? I really like this message board, and by the way i just join sat. and am already loving it.
    Thanks
    Early to bed, early to rise, fish all day, make up lies.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
    :cool:

slab_seeker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PerchSlayer
    Hello. I am a hardcore white perch fishermen from Virginia and am wondering if there are any tournaments in virginia this year or in 2005 season? I live in fredericksburg va, which is in the middle of DC and Richmond and would be willing to travel as far as 2hrs from my house. Also is this board okay to talk about other type of fishing such as white perch or is there another message board on the web that i should be using instead? I really like this message board, and by the way i just join sat. and am already loving it.
    Thanks

I don't think most of us care if you talk white perch. Second to Crappie fishing we like to fish for whatevers biting including thugs, for newcomers as yourself that is a catfish. If you go back to the main page there is a board for other fishes. You may have to get edhead to start a perch board for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you talking about a White Crappie when you say White Perch? I am just curious

Do you know the Genus Species name of that White Perch you are talkinga about.

Not that it matters if you want to talk about White Perch. We talk about all kinds of fishing in here but mostly about fishing for Crappies.

Thanks
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose,

A white perch is a cousin to Striped bass. It usually doesn't get much bigger than a pound but the world record is up around 5 pounds. These fish are found in the brackish waters in the coastal rivers and sounds of N.C. and Virginia but can be found in some reservoirs. They will give crappie a serious run for their money for taste and like crappie you can catch hundreds of them if your in the right spot. We use shrimp, beetle spins and both to catch them. They fight good for their size. They pull about as good as a jumbo yellow perch. I don't know how far north or west their range is but they are plentiful here in coastal N.C. but they know how to pull disapearing acts just like crappie. Picture a yellow perch bleached white with a small black lateral line running just above straight down the middle of it's back. I'm sure you can find a picture somewhere on the net but I don't know where to look. We have yellow perch here too but commercial fishermen wiped them out here last year to the point that they are on the endangered list because their meat went for $2 a pound. Now their just about gone. Hope this helps. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

hey moose here's a good white perch site besides telling you how to catch them they include good pictures of the fish along with the scientific name and their habbitat.

http://www.landbigfish.com/fish/fish.cfm?ID=172
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Post Thanks / Like

hey crappiefarm whats the biggest white perch you've caught around those parts, and what technique do you use to catch the perch. The biggest white perch i ever caught was about 12'' i was using a cork and a minnow,i also use rooster tails sometimes.

slab_seeker Guest

hey crappiefarm whats the biggest white perch you've caught around those parts, and what technique do you use to catch the perch. The biggest white perch i ever caught was about 12'' i was using a cork and a minnow,i also use rooster tails sometimes.
    Perchslayer, I caught 3 white perch this year on Tuckertown res. 2 were 14 1/2 inches and the other was 15 1/2. All were caught on red/white or white/white roadrunners 1/8 ounce. Those are my biggest.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We catch them up here too. Most are caught up at Lake Erie, but some pay lakes just west of me, have stocked them. They will over-run a pond in just a few years so be careful where you put them. I've caught them up to 3# at Erie. They look like a cross between a white bass and a yellow perch. My fishing buddies like the taste of them but i prefer the yellow perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

hey crappiefarmer did you say the world record for white perch is 5ibs? I would like to see the picture of it, is it on a site or anything? Also does any1 else have pictures of big white perch that they have caught? If so then post them I would really like to see them. I've caught 13in. 1s before and though they were really big.

I heard people call big crappie ''slabs'' and big largemouth bass ''lunkers'' but is there a name for big white perch?

slab_seeker Guest

Default Dinner

hey crappiefarmer did you say the world record for white perch is 5ibs? I would like to see the picture of it, is it on a site or anything? Also does any1 else have pictures of big white perch that they have caught? If so then post them I would really like to see them. I've caught 13in. 1s before and though they were really big.

I heard people call big crappie ''slabs'' and big largemouth bass ''lunkers'' but is there a name for big white perch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast