Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sunday Afternoon Wilson Lake

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Afternoon Wilson Lake

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindy. really really wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindy

Somehow, I was able to boat 6 really good fish. Every fish I caught was great quality. I had one 11" fish, and two 13" fish and three 14" fish. They were fat as a toad too. Caught them in 30' right on a drop. BUmp your motor you are in either 32' for 16'. Found some kind of tree top too. Every time I bumped into it I caught a fish.

Between 2:00 and 4:00 the temp dropped 20 degrees. The wind was blowing 30+ mph. I mean she was really blowin good. Lost my biggest fish at the surface. About 15". Minnows on a bare hook above a 1 ounce bank sinker. Could have caught 20 if the wind wasn't blowing. Thnking about going after work tommorow for a little while. Did't take pictures, but filled a small freezer bag to the top with 12 fillets. One interesting fact. Caught 5 of 6 fish on bleeding hooks. Lost big fish on bleeding hook.
    Last edited by David Waters; 10-24-2005 at 05:49 PM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

David, sounds like our weather-darn North winds are COLD!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

30mph????? Small craft warnings for you there. I hate wind on the lake. It does give us a challenge though. At 30mph I have to hit the truck. My boat is hard to control(fishing) in hard wind.

All I use are bleeding hooks. I believe they get more strikes. That is why I use them.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

went again for 2 hours yesterday from 4:30-6:30. Caught only 4, but my smallest was 14". I guess the 4 fish I had weighed close to 6 pounds. My largest was right at 16". pushing 2 pounds
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

David, all I'm catching right now are dinks. Very few nice crappie the last 2 trips. I'm headed out thursday to catch some nice ones like those you are landing.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson