Thread: Hawkeyes

Iowa Falls in the summer & Okeechobee in the winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hawkeyes

8 and 0, thats the way to go.
    Hope they can keep it going.

Post Thanks / Like

DITTO !!!!
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

yep... i'm with ya.... really glad iowa state beat the huskers... all them hard core husker fans i work with were crying it up all night monday at work.. i thought it was funny...:D go hawks!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

IU should've beaten Iowa, what a shaft job the officials pulled off. I guess when a BCS bowl and tons of money are on the line anything goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redearhoosier View Post
    IU should've beaten Iowa, what a shaft job the officials pulled off. I guess when a BCS bowl and tons of money are on the line anything goes.
    Out of the 2 touchdowns taken away from IU I'd say you are correct on the first being the right call (taking it away )but the second one was BS.That said, you could give IU them the 2 touch downs back and the Hawkeye's still out scored them.It would have been a different outcome if the Hawks were playing into the wind the 4 th quarter but it was IU's turn to play against the wind and look like crap.All the games it seemed like Sat. had BS calls on all sides of the ball.I will say one thing,it's bs on how the big 10 is looked down on. To me it's the only conference out there the unbeaten team can go against a non-ranked team and stand a 90% chance of being taken down,not blow outs like other conferences. That said

9-0 Go HAWKS
    :D
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Iowa held IU's DE's ALL DAY long, the same set of DE's that teed off on the Hawks two years ago in Kinnick. Did they flag them for holding? Very seldom and it was obvious to most people watching the game.

As for the final score, IU's defense gave up in the fourth quarter, hence the lopsided looking score. IU should've beaten Iowa by twenty points, your QB is lousy and your team will get destroyed in a BCS bowl. That's if you make it, I look for Ohio State to destroy Iowa in C-bus. Iowa isn't that good. Heck, there's at least a couple teams from each major BCS conferences that IMO, really do look better than Iowa.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redearhoosier View Post
    Iowa held IU's DE's ALL DAY long, the same set of DE's that teed off on the Hawks two years ago in Kinnick. Did they flag them for holding? Very seldom and it was obvious to most people watching the game.

As for the final score, IU's defense gave up in the fourth quarter, hence the lopsided looking score. IU should've beaten Iowa by twenty points, your QB is lousy and your team will get destroyed in a BCS bowl. That's if you make it, I look for Ohio State to destroy Iowa in C-bus. Iowa isn't that good. Heck, there's at least a couple teams from each major BCS conferences that IMO, really do look better than Iowa.
    "Obvious to most people watching the game" yep if your a upset IU fan that it's team gave up in the 4 th. IU should have paid attention to the tapes and seen the hawks are a 4 th quarter come back team instead of giving up.The hawks didn't give up the first 3 quarters they were down and like I said you could give them 14 points back and they still lost by 4 points.

Yes IU should have beaten them bad if the QB hadn't turned the ball over and the De giving up big plays.I'm sorry I was under the impression that a game was 4 quarters long so you played for 4 quarters.IU didn't give up in the 4th, they were playing in the wind and it was messing with IU's QB just as it did with the hawks.The hawks QB does suck at times but he keeps it together and comes back.He has only lost 3 games from the point he became a starter in early 08 and if you compare their stats ( Hawks and IU's QB),they're dang close to each other ( so IU's QB must suck just as bad ). As for the hawks and the bowl games, I believe the hawks were the only big 10 team to win there bowl game last year.Where was IU playing last year in the Bowls ? That's right their record for the year was 1-7 and this is beginning to look like a repeat year for them.I'm not saying the hawks are the best team in the big 10 but their record is saying it,they do play ugly ball,but they play all 4 quarters to win.They have the toughest schedule in the big 10 this year with the road games they have and won 3 of the 4 witch no other big 10 team has ever won at the same 3 places in one year at Penn/Wis./MS. If they loose at C-Bus so be it but I wouldn't bank on it.I was thinking they're going to loose to a small step stone this season, but like I said before all the big 10 teams are playing great ball this season and it's anybodies game to win this season.When the hawks go to a bowl game this year again, if they win they win and if they don't oh well they lost,but they still made it to a bowl game unlike others in the big 10 !!!!!

Now to the more important things, how's the crappie fishing going over there, did they put the fall feed bags on heavy yet ?

The fronts rolling through here and all this rain is killing us over here.But when they're on they're on.

Good luck at you, tight lines and I hope IU wins out for you !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is Vandenburg has all my respect. That was one heck of a game against the Buckeyes in there own stadium. Go Hawks!!!

Iowa Falls in the summer & Okeechobee in the winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep them hawks played one heck of a game. They can stand tall for their effort.
    Hopefully next year will be a great year.