Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How may of you Make Crappie Jigs ??

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How may of you Make Crappie Jigs ??

I am kinda new to this forum.Been here a couple of days.I love it.I started pour my own lead jids a few years ago.I am disabled,well sorta.i have two prostetic legs,but can walk just fine.I fish almost every weekend.So,I have time to make a lot of jigs.lol.I want to know some things that you jig makers have learned.The one thing right now is,"How to powder paint a large 5 oz flutter jig,it is about 5" long.Can't seem to get it right.Thanks in advance.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to the jigmaking and tying section. Great bunch of guys with all kinds of info.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

One of your best bets would be to send cadman a message and get some good advice. He powder paints spinner baits and unless you have a specially designed fluid bed it won't fit.

I'd say if you're gonna be making alot of those to get directions from cad on how to build a fluid bed and then SUPER SIZE it!!!! You'd need to buy powder in bulk with the size fluid bed you'd need, but again he can give you the best advice on powdering a long item like that.

Regular stuff most of us can help you with.

Welcome to the board and if you run into any more stuff let us know we're all here to help each other do stuff easier.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yes, definitely get in on the Jig Tying section. You even still have time to sign up for the current Jig Swap #7, it's fun, check out the thread. Tying jigs is addicting that's for sure and lot of fun. Plus, catching Crappie on the jigs you tie is very rewarding.
    "If it swims...I want to catch it"

Post Thanks / Like

What you need to do is send me about a dozen of each size and color of the jigs heads that you make and I will let you what you need to do to improve them.

I will not charge you for this service. What a deal I'm making for you.
    THE Nimrod Kid