Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cold weather gear Basspro qualifer raingear.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Cold weather gear Basspro qualifer raingear.

went to a band competition last night. Got down to a damp 58 degrees. I had the cheap under armor stuff from wally world, synthetic fishing pants, my basspro qualifier parka, and a T-Shirt. I was amazed that I didn't get cold at all....

As the season gets colder I'll add the basspro qualifier bibs, duck boots w/wool socks, sweatshirt, stocking cap and a thing called a backlava (something like that, it goes around the neck, covers your mouth/nose)..

I'll post my impressions as it gets colder.. one thing I noticed was the wind definately did NOT get through my parka.

note: I live in SC
    Jer
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Breaking the wind and keeping perspiration wicked off your skin, feet in particular, will keep you comfy. And it's Balaclava. You were close. Won't head to the deer woods without mine.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Gore-Tex on the outside, synthetics on the inside. Stay away from any cotton as it will hold the moisture.

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Breaking the wind and keeping perspiration wicked off your skin, feet in particular, will keep you comfy. And it's Balaclava. You were close. Won't head to the deer woods without mine.
    Lighting farts? Can't help it.:D
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

:D:D:D
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER