Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Launced and recovered SOLO!! :O

Post Thanks / Like

Default Launced and recovered SOLO!! :O

Friday nobody was available to go with me to fish. I'm still relatively new at boating. Went anyway and successfully launched and recovered!

Didn't catch any fish but I had a relaxing 4 hours . Guy on the Dock talked me through how to do stuff. I can now launch and recover my boat totally solo.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice....practice....practice....different ramps require different approaches but I'm confident you'll get it...
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll perfect on the technique as you go on more fishing trips. It still amazes me watching some load or unload their rigs. Some folks seem to not mind tying up as ramp for 5-10 minutes to do something that should only take 'em a couple minutes.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, the problem lakes are the ones that have no pier and just chunk rock everywhere around the ramp (like Mississippi) really make it had to go by your self.

Post Thanks / Like

It'll all get better with time/practice. The comment about incosiderate people at the launch made me chuckle a bit...

We had our fall fishing camping/outing in mid Sept., and a buddy and I were waiting to launch his boat. The guy ahead (there's only one ramp) launched his boat and then climbed in and putted away leaving his truck and trailer in the ramp!

We both looked puzzled, but because the ramp is part of the campground, and there are sites along the channel leading out to the lake, we assumed he was camped down the channel and was coming right back. We chatted for a bit, and then I walked down to see him coming back down the channel. I had looked in his truck to see if he left the keys as I would have moved it had he not shown up soon.

He laughed at what he had just done, and all was good.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

good for you man

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I find it easier to launch and recover when I am solo than with a fishing partner.....:D
    Da Bears...

Post Thanks / Like

Just take your time,dont hurry and dont get frustrated if things dont go as planned.As for folks at launch ramps,just be patient with them they cant help the way they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldwhiskers View Post
    Congrats, the problem lakes are the ones that have no pier and just chunk rock everywhere around the ramp (like Mississippi) really make it had to go by your self.
    Don't know where you fish in MS that has no ramps, but come on down to the Ross Barnet Rez & I'll trea you to some of the best ramps you'll find anywhere.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good job pomoxis. You'll gain more confidence each time. Just got myself a boat & only launched 3 times so far. It gets easier, just don't become complacent & forget things like plug & tiedowns, etc.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast