Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall and lots of rain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall and lots of rain

Well, it's been fall for a bit and the first Fall that I have really been into crappie fishing. Each season brings it's own little quirks.
    What are some things you folks do different this time of year? And when we get all of this rain, it turns the bite off like a light switch.
    I have read that fish in general will try to fatten up before the really cold this time of year and will bite on about anything, not happening here, not today anyhow.
    Interested to see your take on it, keep in mind I fish from the bank allot and off of a floating dock which can be tremendous most of the time. I also pitch under a bridge that can be great at times, not today anyhow.
    Tried many different colors and even the nibbles didn't bail me out, not today anyhow.
    Thanks
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

fishing from the bank may limit you but only by your own limitation placed on yourself, try walking the bank, small bobber, chest or hip waders, rocks,rip rap, are all good places to try, closest bridge pier to the bank can produce, small creek with deep holes hold crappie,goggle eye and big pearch. I would suggest go small jig. under the bobber 12in. to 2ft. under willows, next to logs are all good. good luck, oh and once the water cools lower than 50 the fish stay pretty much the same till spring. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that gave me quite a few different spots to try, I have the hip waders and a small bobber, just gotta get into the stuff I can't cast too!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

I like high water and the fish will generally relate to the water depth that is most comfortable to them so I start with the depth they werer at before the high water and move from there until I find them. Once you find them it is easy so keep in mind if the dock is in 20 feet of water before the high water and the water comes up 5 feet you need to find an place with 20 feet of water not 25.