Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secrets of the Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Secrets of the Crappie

Hey everyone,

I've been fishing for crappie with my father for several years now, and he's always talking about his "methods" "secrets" and whatnot when it comes to landing our maximum number of crappie.

Problem is, we rarely catch our max, and if we do it takes quite a while.

So a few days ago I stumbled upon this interesting book. At first I was somewhat skeptical but I decided to get it ! Some of the tricks and techniques in it are amazing. I would have never thought of them. And the science behind it is what really amazes me. Now I'm schooling my pops.:p:p

Check it out: crappie fishing pro

Has anyone else seen this? Im kinda embarrassed to say I didn't even know about this Dan Eggersterm guy.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 10-26-2009 at 09:28 AM.
    Hauling in the big ones!

Post Thanks / Like

There are no "secrets" to catchng any breed of fish. You just target one species of fish then research what biologists say about that species. That information leads to catching more fish. The other way to learn is to follow popular methods discovered over time. Some are ethical while others aren't.

To me the fun of fishing isn't just catching fish. It's more about the process of getting to know the fish, the body of water, and the equipment.

If you truely want to enjoy fishing treat it as a journey instead of a goal. If all you want are fish just use a big honking net and be done with it.
    "Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

True enough Pomoxis. I am not saying I found a treasure trove of secrets that I can bust out to catch them like crazy.

I guess what interested me most was the biology/science of the fishing - like you mentioned. I just never understood some of those aspects. I had always just tagged along ya know...taking in what little I could from those I was fishing with.

Some of the methods in that book are def. unethical...downwright illegal I bet in some places. But aside from that...the best thing is being able to teach my pops something he didn't know (like he ever thought I'd be able to offer him advice LOL).
    Hauling in the big ones!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deephook View Post
    this Dan Eggersterm guy.

Name:  spam.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  83.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    i agree 100 percent
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    Been following this guy and although some of his techniques are alright, I find many of them ethically questionable. Know your states regs. before employing some of his "secrets".

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

best research this site, bet the book you have has nothing on CRAPPIE DOT COM man so much info on here, I been crappie fishing for 40 years and since I found this site well it been a blast and verry helpfull. read as many post as you can you will be impressed. m2cw

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you ever give up your email address to him, well....I feel sorry for ya!:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Deephook ...

read thru these threads, and you'll see what the majority concensus is on these "secrets" that this Dan Eggertsen feller is hawking ... whether it's books, CD's, or lights :

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...-tactic-4.html

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/off-t...g-secrets.html

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...-secret-4.html

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...cret-joke.html

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/tenne...shing-cds.html

... cp

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deephook View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've been fishing for crappie with my father for several years now, and he's always talking about his "methods" "secrets" and whatnot when it comes to landing our maximum number of crappie.

Problem is, we rarely catch our max, and if we do it takes quite a while.

So a few days ago I stumbled upon this interesting book. At first I was somewhat skeptical but I decided to get it and damn! Some of the tricks and techniques in it are amazing. I would have never thought of them. And the science behind it is what really amazes me. Now I'm schooling my pops.:p:p

Check it out: crappie fishing pro

Has anyone else seen this? Im kinda embarrassed to say I didn't even know about this Dan Eggersterm guy.
    Welcome from Alabama. I used to live in Akron Ohio. Glad you and "Pops" have the time to be on the water and enjoy fishing together. There are no crappie fishing "Secrets." Just methods that have been tried and proven to catch fish. The most important thing is to have confidence in what you are doing and make the proper presentation for the connditions.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast