Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Question Spider Rigging

The Mo.wildlife code states (not more than 3 unlabeled poles per person). I've called the local agent but he never retuned my call. Does this rule mean you can use more than 3 if their labeled (with your name and address I presume). I don't recall ever seeing anyone using this method here in Mo.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we are a little behind in Missouri. I never tried or seen anyone else
    try a lot of the methods mentioned in the forum or Crappie Magazine. I spoke
    with the Conservation Dept. in Springfield, mo. and they said the number of
    poles was a gray area. As long as you have your name and address on each
    pole, you are allowed 33 hooks total, which means spider rigging or night stalking
    with several rods would be allowed. I am in the process of putting my name
    on all of my rods. May not be right, but thats what they said and I am going
    with it.
    Chef

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks chef, I'm gonna call the headquarters in Rolla tomorrow and see if I can get the lowdown in the form of a letter or something. Those grey areas always seem to get me a ticket. If I get a concrete answer I'll post it. Izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Chef is correct, you have to have your name and address on the 4th or more rods that you have in the water. As long as u dont have more than 33 hooks in the water, you are perfectly legal. I know several guys that spiderrig and have there names on the rods to be legal.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I e-mailed MDC last year on this subject. I am sure if someone wanted to look back through old threads they could find to reply they sent me as I posted it on here.

I carry a page of computer address labels with my name and address preprinted on them just for this use when using over 4 rods.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a copy of an old post from 1-25-2005.

MDC answered my e-mail on this subject.

"Yes, you can use more than 3 poles as long as they are labled with your name and address. But, you can not have more than 33 hooks."

If you need any further information, please let us know. THANKS

>>> Freida Fisher 1/24/2005 12:26:01 PM >>>

Quote:
    Originally Posted by duane
    Please read this and tell how you think this reads.
    If you have your poles labeled with your name, can you use more than 3 poles at a time?

Sport Fishing in Missouri

When it comes to fishing, Missouri has a lot to offer the angler. While there are more than 200 species of fish in the Show-Me State, anglers focus their attention on about two dozen species. The seasons are long and the daily limits are generous; but there are regulations to improve and maintain the quality of fishing, ensuring that everyone has an equal chance of catching fish, while protecting fisheries resources.

The Wildlife Code of Missouri is a permissive code. This means that you may take or attempt to take only those species of fish and other aquatic wildlife permitted by the Code, and only by those methods, and only at the times and under the circumstances mentioned. As one angler put it: “If they don’t say you can, you can’t!”

A permissive code means that rather than giving you an endless list of “thou shalt nots,” we keep it simple by telling you what you may do. The reason for this is to make access to Missouri fishing as fair and as uncomplicated as possible.

Sport Fishing: General Rules

■ Methods

You may take fish by pole and line, trotline, throwline, limb line, bank line and
    jug line. You must not use more than 3 unlabeled poles at any one time. No matter what methods you use, you may not use more than a total of 33 hooks at any one time. Hooks on trotlines must be staged at least 2 feet apart. Hooks on any type of line, as well as the line itself, must be attended every 24 hours or removed.

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappiehead, this is what I like about Crappie.com. There's always someone out there with the answers for us dummys. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so happen this question came up last year.
    Duane

waliron Guest

Thumbs up spiderrigging

I have been spider rigging in Mo for last 6 years and have not had a problem using as many poles as I can Handle. as long as they have Name,address and phone# and I use less than 33 hooks ,been checked a number of time at different lake and yet to be fined. Fished alot of tournies doing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waliron
    I have been spider rigging in Mo for last 6 years and have not had a problem using as many poles as I can Handle. as long as they have Name,address and phone# and I use less than 33 hooks ,been checked a number of time at different lake and yet to be fined. Fished alot of tournies doing this.
    Do you tag the rods or have this printed on the rod?
    I like the idea of using pre printed address labels, never thought of that before. The ones I print off the ink runs if wet. Do you really need the phone #?
    Duane