Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bloomington ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bloomington ramps

Anyone ever use the Corps ramps at the Bloomington location? Any experiences, good or bad?

I was thinking these ramps might be good when we have a strong wind out of the S or when the ones by teh state park are crowded.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Bloomington ramps all the time. They are the best ramps on the lake, well maintaned, little traffic, clean bathrooms and well protected from the wind. Only bad thing is the goose crap! Watch your step!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I took a ride over there the other day - for the first time. The ramps looked good - AND they were protected from the wind. I was just wondering whether there might be reasons that more people don't use them. I do realize that they are a bit out of the way if you are coming from Lawrence, but it seems worth it. How deep is the water by the ramps? I would assume that it is not very shallow.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a charge for using the corps ramps. Not sure but you may want to find out. Don't want to spoil a fishing trip with a ticket.
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

There is a charge. But you can buy a yearly permit just like you can with the state park. The Corp permit will work on all the Corp lakes too just the like the state park ones will.

Post Thanks / Like

Right. Th eBloomington ramps belong to the Army Corps. Make sure that you have either a day use permit or a yearly permit. I did check on that. If you decide to buy a yearly permit, see when it expires because it may expire at the end of the year (i.e. it may be cheaper for you to buy it by the day.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Also another thing abt the Feds ramps at most lakes is that between Oct and Apr there is no fee charged, some have postings saying such and others don't. I do have a Fed yearly but after Oct have never had to hang it at the 5 lakes around Topeka.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that this is not the case w/our State ramps in the winter, be aware!

Post Thanks / Like

Corps permits run for a calendar year from when you buy them. So If you buy one this month it will be good for 12 months or until Oct 2010. Should be good nationwide. Most lakes around here the Corps does not require a permit Oct to March. If you are retarded or just an old phart and have one of their golden passports, the permit is half price. Or is Obama changing that too to screw the old folks?

Post Thanks / Like

I assume they don't get used just because of the extra distance from Lawrence, but thats ok with me. The water depth is just fine, no worries there. Keep em a secret, not dealing with idiots at the ramp all the time is nice.