Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulling 5th wheel and boat?????

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pulling 5th wheel and boat?????

Met a fellow, Jim in the first reststop going south in northern AL and he had a F250, 28.5 ft Jadco and a 17 ft fishing boat. Spent an hour with him talking about his rig and the way it handled. Seems that he has the same problem and that is his wife passed away a couple of years ago. He sold his home and purchase his rig. He now fishes where he wants and when. His home is always with him.

I know there are some draw backs to pulling both, but it would be convient for me.

Give me your thoughts and if you are doing it, please post some pictures.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

just brought my 26ft home from the lake, been thinking about the same thing, did Jim say how it handles, and is a bumper hitch ok, taking my trailer to the welders next week to see about a hitch, will be watching this thred

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    just brought my 26ft home from the lake, been thinking about the same thing, did Jim say how it handles, and is a bumper hitch ok, taking my trailer to the welders next week to see about a hitch, will be watching this thred
    Beagle I pull my tear drop camper and my 15' stick steer boat at the same time. I have never had a problem doing it. But my little teardrop is nothing like a 26'er:D. Never have tried to pull it and the pontoon at the same time. Don't think my jeep could stop both of those.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

i would check with my home state. in some states if the total length is over 53'(truck + trailer+ boat) you are supposed to have a doubles cdl certification. i am not sure about this. that is just what my uncle said when he was stopped pulling both his at the same time. he also said it was a night mare to pull in and out of places.

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim said that he had to plan his stops. Like when he reached 1/2 tank he would stop a the next truck stop. They have the open spaces required by trucks. I have been doing research on gooogle "pulling 5th wheel and boat". Lot of information on requirements a warnings. With my carolina skiff (19 ft), I can only pull a 29 ft 5th wheel in most all states between FL and IN.

You might discuss with your welder to see if he has the knowledge of what you need. The recommendation that I have had is that I used a hitch company that specializes in installing or creating hitches. As to speed, plan on 60-65.

Keep the comments coming. Will help me greatly. As I have said, crappie.com is the place to go to get info needed.

Thanks

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

Post Thanks / Like

Have a friend who pulls a 40' TT, and a 17' F&F, behind an F150 Ford. Impressive sight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
    Have a friend who pulls a 40' TT, and a 17' F&F, behind an F150 Ford. Impressive sight.
    Yep but he ain't right.:D:D

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see him back all of that up into a spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I have pulled both my 20 ft. toon and and 17 ft. bass tracker (not at the same time) behine my 30 ft. 5th. wheel without any problems. Got a new
    35 ft. 5th. wheel and plan to pull both with it after I get a hitch on it. I'm pulling all of it with a 2500 Ram. Just don't get in any hurry.
    THE Nimrod Kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    Yep but he ain't right.:D:D
    Indeed he isn't!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast