Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall Fishing Guide To Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fall Fishing Guide To Jigs

You know falls cooling temperatures often put crappie back into shallow water where casting for crappie becomes a good technique. Action tailed plastics attract crappie and can be fished slowly. Select your jig color by water clarity. Clear water means natural baitfish hues. Muddy and stained water use bright colors like chartreuse and orange. Happy Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

When does one use dark colors like black, purple, or dark blue?

Post Thanks / Like

stained water use dark colors like black and blue,purple etc... But always with a chart tail. Cloudy days also use dark colors. Clear water bright colors. Sunny days bright colors. And make sure you always use a laser jig

Post Thanks / Like

Our Oxbow water temps were 43 - 48 degrees through the day on Tuesday of this week. Fished for about 5 hours. My partner & I caught a lot of crappie up shallow; along with yellow & white perch, bluegill, small largemouths and even a pike.

We've had a lot of rain over the previous weekend (water vis <2'), so the water was heavily stained. The real "killer", on this day, was a white curly tailed grub on a 1/16 oz. jig head, casted and slow retrieved thru the dying weed beds. Beat the other colors we tried two or three to one!

When it comes to color, I switch off rapidly when the bite is tough, figuring that they may just be a tad sensitive to shade or hue. But with muddy water, white always seem to reign supreme around these parts.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience I have only used dark colors in the summer night fishing. I think that the darker colors show up better at night.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

90 percent of the time a black jig with a chartreuse tail works best for me.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto G-3