Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydrographics Side Scan of Big Sandy, KY Lake Report and other stuff...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hydrographics Side Scan of Big Sandy, KY Lake Report and other stuff...

Crappie Stalker, Mrs. Crappie Stalker, Honey and I went to the Paris Landing Sportsman Show this morning. We had a good breakfast and lots of good chatting. We went there for one main reason and that was to get the side scan of South Sandy area of KY Lake. We (all of us agreed) found Fatboy an new boat.. Only about 30K. Just what he needs. hahaha... Also had some 4 wheelers there on sale. I got me a new Yamaha 450 (something like a Kawasaki Mule). I just don't remember the name of it. The dealer gotta put it together and deliver it Monday or Tuesday next week.

Now side scan results.

I have 878 waypoints in the South Big Sandy area. Of the 878, 721 showed
    on the scan. Of these that showed, 193 were ones I personally placed (put out). Fine with me. I share. I like the trade off here. I have been surfing the new side scan maps for several hours. I would bet there are over 20, 000 points to be marked. Looks like I got me work cut out for a while.
    Another good thing is that I can now do some good editing of my existing waypoints. Looks like I marked some empty holes, but I've been marking stuff since 1996. The accuracy was not too keen at that time. Lots of the more recent stuff (2002 and up) I marked is "dead on".

I would suggest to anyone that might be fishing this area in the near future to contact KY Hydrographics and get these maps. They darn worth the monies. And for a few bucks more..I even tutor u on how to use em....haha just kidding...They easy to use..Pat Hahs has done a good job here and deserves a lot of credit for his hard work. Thanks Pat...

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up ky hydrograhx

Pat Hahs is the Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cane pole-- Just what is a side scan map? I fish not far from you but I'm on Barkley over by Dover. Is there a map like that for Barkley? How about posting those waypoints maybe just a few hundred a week to start! How do you keep track of that many waypoints and know what 's there? I've only got 21 in my GPS and I can't remember them with out some scratching on the map!

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Can yall send this fella down here? I would love to have that type mapping of lakes I fish. Pat Hahs has put together a great resource for you guys on K lake.

Water is down on my lake. Today I was scouting when I ran across 35 Christmas trees with floating foam filled jugs. Most of the plastic on the jugs was busted but the foam was still holding them up. They are spread on a point. This location is where the DNR made it's first habitats back in the 70's. The bouy has been gone for years but I remembered it.
    Could this be the same trees from the 70s????? I tried to bend a tip of one tree and it was hard as stone.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Smitty:

Unless those Christmas trees are petrified I doubt they are from the 70s. I've never seen christmas trees here last more than a year or two with any limbs on them. But if the jugs are that deteriorated them must be pretty old. Maybe they ARE petrified!?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Now the fishing will be tought. Though to deside where to fish..LOL
    Did they have a lot of other good stuff there?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Check it out..

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ
    Cane pole-- Just what is a side scan map? I fish not far from you but I'm on Barkley over by Dover. Is there a map like that for Barkley? How about posting those waypoints maybe just a few hundred a week to start! How do you keep track of that many waypoints and know what 's there? I've only got 21 in my GPS and I can't remember them with out some scratching on the map!
    Her is the web site TAZ, I tells all about it

http://www.kentuckyhydrografx.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Default He Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    Can yall send this fella down here? I would love to have that type mapping of lakes I fish. Pat Hahs has put together a great resource for you guys on K lake.

Water is down on my lake. Today I was scouting when I ran across 35 Christmas trees with floating foam filled jugs. Most of the plastic on the jugs was busted but the foam was still holding them up. They are spread on a point. This location is where the DNR made it's first habitats back in the 70's. The bouy has been gone for years but I remembered it.
    Could this be the same trees from the 70s????? I tried to bend a tip of one tree and it was hard as stone.
    I tried Xmas trees before. The bigger pain in the arz than me wife...ha

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of us men have that thorn in their side, hehehe, sometimes I will swear my wife has a little doll of me with needles in it. PLEASE DON'T TELL HER.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I tried Xmas trees before. The bigger pain in the arz than me wife...ha

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty
    Were they Cedar or Fir Christmas Trees, Fir should have rotted.
    Cedar lasts a long time, longer than 30 years

Chef

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast