Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance Structure/Bottom Scan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance Structure/Bottom Scan

I'm headed to Wagoner, Oklahoma this Saturday to be trained on the new units. This will be 'on the water' training. We will be on Ft. Gibson lake. Since I have fished that lake many times in tournaments,,,I have some spots to look at. If any of you that have questions for Lowrance, I'd be glad to ask them for you. O ya,,, I've got one ordered to go with my HDS8 :D:D:D:D. Soon,,,all the 'Corps' :rolleyes: piles will be mine <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

chatt is this something I could add to my hd5? Is it a chip or a download?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a download and a transducer. Not sure what the cost is yet. It will fit all HDS units. I'll have more info when I get back. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

well if thats the case bring me one too! We can both check it out

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a side scanning unit? If so, will it record GPS and structure data?

I have an LCX15 C that is a few years old. After Lowrance gets the bugs worked out, I may think of upgrading to one of their newer units. I went with the Lowrance because I could make recordings of bottom structure and GPS info would also be recorded. It comes in handy - I have mapped some spots in the Gulf off Orange Beach using this unit.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by go dart View Post
    chatt is this something I could add to my hd5? Is it a chip or a download?
    There is a good video on YouTube on this if you can find it! I don't have the time to try or I would find it and post it! From what I seen, the system is a special transducer and what looks like a equalizer to a car stereo. The transducer plugs into the box and then the box plugs into the HDS head unit! From what I have gathered, the box and ducer run in the $700 range. Quite PRICEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the video, it looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say "SHOOT THE BIRDS"?:D
    HuskerLand is the name, custom jigs are the game!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

HuskerLand is the name, custom jigs are the game!

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that you have to have a friendly banker to afford one of those side scan units. Next thing I hear that they are going to have sattelite tv on those units. Be nice for Chatt since he won't have to miss his Soaps when he fishes on weekdays.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chatt How About A Report On The New Structure/bottom Scan You Went To Get Trained On.

Post Thanks / Like

Scotty, it's flat out amazing technology!!! I'm waiting on some 'screen shots' we took that day so I can explain in detail what's happening. It 'IS VERY' easy to use and a simple hook-up. NOTHING will be hidden now for very long. I should have mine in about 4 weeks,,,or sooner!!! <*)}}}><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast