Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing above Nickajack Dam?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing above Nickajack Dam?

Anyone fish above Nickajack dam?
    WE will be camping at Shellmound camp ground and fishing Nov 3,4,5,6th.

Any ideals on some good places to fish? Never fished there. But been thinking about fishing it for years. So we are going to give it a try.

PEte

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to go on to ChattanoogaFishingForum.com They are bass fishin people but like other fishin too. They fish around that area alot and might be able to ansower some of your questions. Hope that help you some.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link. I have been there looking, And will ask around on there also.
    PEte

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shiloh, I've never fished Nickajack, but fish for crappie alot just about 20 miles from there not too far across the state line in Alabama. The fishing should be good there at the time you will be fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish there alot if your looking for crappie go up river to brendalyn boatramp area that is under I-24 bridge and to the right right beside the interstate bass and bream are plentyful straight across from shellmound at the cave any one can tell you how to get there catfish any where in the channel hope this will help you
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.
    We will be fishing below the dam for bug blue cats some. but will be in the lake most of the time.
    Crappieseeker thanks I hope the fish are hungry then.
    Roybuoy thanks I will try that.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I told you wrong turn to brendalyn, you need to turn left coming up river past I-24 bridge you will see boat ramp go past ramp it will open up to small lake.Below Nick dam for cats go to where the boats lock thru and stay off wall 10-15 ft.troll slow toward dam gooood cat hole.good luck.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the Garmin Hot spots map I think I see where your talking about and the 19ft water back there should hold some crappie.
    I also see a few more places there that look like they shoud hold fish. That is if the grass is not so thick we can't fish it.
    Looking foward to the trip.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by roybuoy
    I told you wrong turn to brendalyn, you need to turn left coming up river past I-24 bridge you will see boat ramp go past ramp it will open up to small lake.Below Nick dam for cats go to where the boats lock thru and stay off wall 10-15 ft.troll slow toward dam gooood cat hole.good luck.