Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken Jones

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ken Jones

I publically apologize for my comments yesterday. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...wbies-pic.html That was not like me. I took your original comments as an affront to my integritiy. Sorry.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 10-19-2009 at 06:45 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Good - let's get back to discussing the fishing.

You both have lots to offer and I appreciate all the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken has left for central Idaho to Steelhead fish for a week, he should be back this week end. I am sure he didn't take offense, so as LedHed says, let's get back to fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ship,

I think everyone knows you've got integrity by the beaucoups. We sure enjoy your information and reports.

Post Thanks / Like

I still would like to see him try fishing down South. I honestly think he would find it a bit more challenging. How many people fish for Crappie up there in Idaho? We all know that fishing pressure makes a lot of difference on the Crappie when they are harassed. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Ship Ahoy:

Again, you have proven yourself to be a giant man among men.
    I agree with all others that respect your integrity and fishing knowledge; let's move forward and get back to serious Crappie fishing.
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I still would like to see him try fishing down South. I honestly think he would find it a bit more challenging. How many people fish for Crappie up there in Idaho? We all know that fishing pressure makes a lot of difference on the Crappie when they are harassed. EB

He makes it sound easy because he's good at it. Not as many fish for crappie in Idaho as do in southern lakes. One difference, though, is our lakes are quite small as compared to yours. 15,000 acres of surface is big here. I came here from Arkansas's Beaver Lake and thought these lakes here were mud puddles. I grew up on Lake Hamilton near Hot Springs with Lake Ouachita near by so I've been crappie all my life.

Crappie fishing here is different. The crappie are the same and behave the same as the south, in the parts that I have fished. The difference is the regulations and restrictions in the northwestern states. We cannot use minnows, we are allowed only one pole, and the fish habitat is different. We don't have trees or dead fall in our lakes.

What that means is that we have to adopt different methods of catching old paper mouth. What that also means is that we find methods that work here, maybe not elsewhere, but here. That does not mean that someone someplace else is wrong. In fact, I enjoy reading about other places and their ways of catching the crappie. My wife and I use micro lite tackle and 1/16 oz. jigs.....and most poeple do not believe how many fish we catch, but the proof is in the freezer. If your are catching fish, your system can't be wrong, so let's enjoy the differences.

. :D

Post Thanks / Like

To JBledsoe--Yes sir very well said, You are 110% right on.........
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

JBledsoe I have to agree with you on that response! I was stationed in California and did a lot of crappie fishing out on the west coast. It started out a little difficult due to the fact I was use to dippin trees. Fishing out there reaaly helped me learn how to fish open water, clear water and deep water.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

JBledsoe, Don't get me wrong, I am not saying anything bad about Kens ability to catch fish up there. All I am saying is that it is different down South and his tactics he uses up there won't work everywhere. 2 of the lakes that I fish here are so different that you couldn't believe it. What works on one won't work on the other. He acts like catching Crappie are easy, but for some it is only easy in the Spring when they are on the spawn and close to the banks. No offense intended, but would very much like to see him fish down South. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast