Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smithville 10/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville 10/18

went to bass pro yesterday and got me a new motorguide 36v 101lbs thrust and what a great day to test it out. so we went out and fished the main lake brush piles to see how she would do and boys im impressed i didnt have any more problems fighting the wind she keeped me right on top of the piles and we had a blast.so we fished the piles down by the dam we caught about 80 shorts and had 7 keepers all 10".then we moved to the piles to the right of crows creek boat ramp and only 1 and it was the bigest of the day 13" so we went to campbranch piles and finished out both of are limits all 10" to 11.5" off of the 4 of 5 brush piles there. we caught them all on black/blue,blue/white,black/chart,and all blue

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear someone braved the wind today and did well. I was kicking the idea around heading out, but decided not. Did you hit the brush pile by the Visitor's Center? Have you ever tried the one by the swim beach?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    Glad to hear someone braved the wind today and did well. I was kicking the idea around heading out, but decided not. Did you hit the brush pile by the Visitor's Center? Have you ever tried the one by the swim beach?
    i have fish the one by the vistor center to much and its really a good pile for later in the year so i gave the one by the swim beach a chance today it looks like a good one if the bigger fish would move in and get those smaller one out of it

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a good day for testing the new motor. Congrats on the catch.