Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: was this helpful?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • it helped some

1 100.00%
  • it helped okay but didnt fully answer my own Questions.

0 0%
  • It helped lots

0 0%
  • I WAnted To HeLP!!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zealander seeking local American Knowledge

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Zealander seeking local American Knowledge

New To crappie fishing,comming to america(Battlefield Missouri).I own my own fishing website,but wont disrespect the blog by spamming ya,In New Zealand. I logged on to this site to ask the locals on a website course i found on the net to stop me from looking like a novice, in front of my uncle
    can you tell me if its a goodie or let it pass.

Old School Crappie Fishing Family Secrets

As a thank you i will put my video on this to help with your fishing, it reduces the sinker weight felt by fish and has a running sinker that move to the bottom automatically to assist casting for distance, I use it to great effect surfcasting and estuary fishing looking forward to ading a new species to the belt. I Call it the pendulum rig others the pulley rig

YouTube - New Surfcasting Rig

Enjoy,but please help. I know how to fish,but do you use baits lures or what?
    Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, Sun-tzu, The Art of War.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Rage ...

The "Secrets" link is old news to us. It's been discussed a couple of times, and the general consensus is that it's overhyped, overpriced, basic knowledge that's been compiled into one product.

Go to the Missouri state forum and read about the ways & places they fish ... post questions there.

We generally use live bait and artificials ... but, some states do not allow certain live bait to be used ... some states have laws regarding the number of poles or hooks that can be used, at the same time, by a single angler. Not sure about Missouri, as I've never fished there ... but look thru this site : Fishing and check out the regulations.

Battlefield, Missouri is centered between several large reservoirs ... so use Mapquest (or Google Earth) and check them out.

I wouldn't worry too much about looking like a novice to your Uncle ... he'll probably be more than willing to show you how he fishes, what he knows, and how his way is the "only way" to catch them Crappie :D

Be ready for a bit of a shock, though .... as we generally tend to use ultralight equipment and line, when Crappie fishing. They generally don't get much over 2lbs (in any great numbers), so using 4-8lb test line is the norm.

... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, didnt want to part with the $$ tooo easily, ive seen crappie fishing rods on cabelas, they look like fly rods, thats good, the lighter the better, i say when fishing. IS that video of ay use to you mate?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Lol !!! .....

Quote Originally Posted by ragefishing View Post
    Hello?
    Sorry, man .... but you have to realize that it's 3AM here (KY) ... and not alot of members are online right now. Give it a couple of days, and you should have some more replies.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Post Not to me, personally ... no

Quote Originally Posted by ragefishing View Post
    thanks, didnt want to part with the $$ tooo easily, ive seen crappie fishing rods on cabelas, they look like fly rods, thats good, the lighter the better, i say when fishing. IS that video of ay use to you mate?
    ... as I don't live near any coastal shoreline, nor do I fish for any species that requires that type of rigging. But, that's just me. There might be an audience in the Saltwater Forum, though.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

haha, thanks.Im keen at having a go at bass and pike too, im looking at google maps now, not sure where we will go, but i agree with you on letting the Unc show the young fulla his domain,he will get a kick out of it. Bass have a big reputation, we have huge trout here in NZ, they are our only real fresh water fish, will enjoy the change.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on over to the Missouri board-when ya moving-methods change in different seasons

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you leave New Zealand? It is beautiful and so are the Polygirls.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you will find some of your knowledge will be the same from NZ to here. Fish are fish and relate to structure, current, weather and so on. Presentation will be the big difference, and a little reading in our archives will bring you up to speed quickly. In a lot of cases Crappie like a slow or almost motionless presentation. Getting folks to slow down enough to give the time for the fish to go thru it's approach to the bait is one common thing. Active fish hit readily, but these Crappie are sometimes slow to the take. Once a happy medium is found things can pick up rather well. Have fun fishing the US and keep us posted how things go. Tight lines.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast