Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Info.

Next March (06) I would like to visit Mississippi to camp and fish crappie/panfish etc. I flyfish and use a cataraft so I am interested in "spots" that have smaller water area's - 200 acres max. with a campground on site or nearby. Any leads anyone could give me to get me started will be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Flyrod Man

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of things that might help. The weather here is generally poor in March with a front coming in every few days, however if you battle through rain and 40 degree temps then the fishing can be pretty good sometimes. Don't rule out big lakes like Sardis because you are wading or in a small craft. The crappie that time of the year will be moving up into creeks and coves if they are not in there already. Most of the spots I fish in the spring I could probably walk to easier than I drive my boat to. You could stay at a state park and drive/walk to creeks and either walk them, wade them or float them - just a thought. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tippah County Lake -

Tippah County lake off of Hwy 15 North of Ripley is nice - good crappie,bream,
    bass, and cat, about 160 acres I think. Campground is right on the lake,
    not very elaborate, but has elec. and water hook ups. Not close to much
    of anything, good or bad, according to how you look at it, I guess
    It is a Ms State Park, if you want to look up anthing on it. Oh, and Trace
    State park is nice, bigger lake, 500+ acres???. And for a real "micro" experience, Pontotoc City Park. Full of small crappie and bream, nice hook-ups. Lake is only about 50-60??? acres. There are lots more in the area, like Lamar Bruce, another state park, w 330 acre lake. (All these up in the NE corner) Jeff
    Shoals Area Crappie Association