Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not newbies anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not newbies anymore

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Left York bout 5:15 in a steady rain . North wind pretty stiff. I'm thinking what a lousy day to take some newbies. But they was willin and I'm crazy so off we go. June Creek bout 6:30. Bait everywhere. First rods out bout 7:15. Nothing for first 30 minutes. Was just saying that some days aint so good. Freeline took off screaming. Little lady pulled it out of holder and hung on. Just see the big smile in the photo. About then right side planer board headed towards the sunrise. Her husband laid on it. Put 2 in boat . Good start. While taking photo other freeline took off. Pam handled it like a pro.3 in boat. Time 8:00.Before we got rods out downrod went. 4 in boat. To make a long story short we ended with 11 stripes and 4 cats. Had 2 more stripes get off at boat before I could get a net free. Biggest stripe right at 7 lbs. Cats were 3-5 lbs. Wnd 10 -15 out of Northeast. Air temp 52. Water 69. The bite really slowed down by 10:00. 11:00 we headed in cold but happy. All said it was a pretty good first trip for them. They ready to go back anytime. And that one picture of Pam hovering over something. It aint an egg. I had my little propane heater on the floor to keep the hands warm. Think she liked it.
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

That's really cool. I love to catch stripes. Man can they fight or what?

Post Thanks / Like

They are fun to catch. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch ,looks like you had fun
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad