Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slab Buster & Bryant's Osage Outdoors Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slab Buster & Bryant's Osage Outdoors Tournament

The November 7 2009 Slab Buster & Bryant's Osage Outdoors Crappie Tournament and Fish Fry Information is now available on the slabbuster crappie jigs website.

Be patient as the pdf forms may load slowly on some connections.

Tournament Info

Crappie Tournament Rules and Registration

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bryant's tournament

Sounds like a buncha b.s. to me. Fishing off docks allowed in a tournament? No thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I am surely interested. I don't know what to think about fishing off of docks. On one hand it is a lot easier to get to the "sweet spots" if you are standing on the dock, but on the other hand you would think it would be easier to find more fish from a boat. I would be willing to say that the winner will not be someone who was solely standing on a dock. DOes that mean you can get off your boat and fish a dock? I can see where that might cause a controversy.

Post Thanks / Like

Come On Outlaw Tell Us What You Really Think

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I'm sure it's not for everybody. Sounds like a very good time to me also. Good food afterwards too.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with outlaw, who is to say that they dont own a dock and have a bunch of good fish in a basket waiting to put in the livewell on tournament day. Alot of guys in the Capital Crappie Club would fish it, if it did not allow fishing from the docks. Fishing from a dock that you dont have permission from is breaking the law and to me look bad on Bryants promoting illegal activity.

Ted
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to stir the pot but i dont think anyone has to fish this tournament. Its their tournament and their rules. I didnt see anything that encourages breaking the law.If you dont like the rules dont pay to play.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe they are trying to give some people that do not have boats a chance to fish it. I my self see nothing wrong with it. A person in a boat has the same chance to cheat by having a basket of fish tied to a dock well some where. You would like to think nobody would cheat at such a small and friendly tournament but I guess anytime money is involved there is a chance of it. Just seen your post WH66 I like the "if you do not like the rules don't pay to play."

Post Thanks / Like

My first post so bear with me please. Jack and Jamie don't promote anything close to illegal activity they hold a good tournament and have great food afterward. Guido Hibdon had over twelve pounds last year and the guys that won it were over 13. My partner and I fish from some docks that belong to friends of mine and the best we ever did was less than 8 but had a great time knowing we'll never win or place but we will eat good and meet some really fine people. I know this is long but those two guys are friends of mine and I don't care to hear or read comments like that. Just my two cents!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast