Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is There A Doctor In The House Sore Elbow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is There A Doctor In The House Sore Elbow

Well With Crappie Catching In Full Swing , I'm Really Sore This Week As It Has Been A Great Week To Vertical Jig In 5 Foot Of Water. That Said Which Is The Best Pole To Use ?? I Use A 10 Foot B&m Both Ultra Lite And Medium Tip ,..i'm Really Sore In The Elbow And Shoulder, Yes From Catching Fish. My Elbow Is Really Bad To Start With But Does Tip Action Make A Difference. Comments Please...

Post Thanks / Like

Now I got a bad case of tendinitis bass fishing way back when I did some guiding, but not crappie. I got mine mostly from setting the hook which on bass sometimes is a very hard hook set.

I ended up getting a shot of cortisone and that is not fun either, but works. It got so bad I could pick up a coffee cup.

Only other thing is rest and for some reason I don't get the feeling that would be what you want to hear? Maybe some ice packs will help.

Forgot to say I am not a doctor, but have experience.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Golden raisens soaked in gin look it up on google just heard about it,by the way the gin evaporates so you wont get a buzz.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default brace

try a brace for tennis elbow, or just an elbow brace.
    Love, what more can I say

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a great pole in the B 'n' M so that is not the problem. You are in need of a partner to swing the fish into the boat for you. You might ask a doctor to check you out and see if you have damage in the rotator cuff areas though. A brace may help some but IMHO would only disguise the major problem you may be experiencing. Seek medical attention if it continues. In the meantime learn to catch them with the other hand.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I'VE HAD BOTH SHOULDERS AND MY RIGHT ELBOW OPERATED ON AND MY ELBOW IS BEYOUNG REPAIR. i'VE USED THE SAME POLES FOR YEARS BUT AT 69 THE FISH SEEM HEAVY. WHAT A BALL I'VE HAD THIS WEEK . I RARELY FISH WITH ANYBODY IN MY BOAT EXCEPT MY GRAND KIDS. IF YOU'RE FISHING THE BACK OF MY BOAT YOU'RE IN DEAD WATER. SAD TOO SAY

Post Thanks / Like

good hurt though

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for the shot. I had that kind of pain and it did wonders. And the funny thing was I had heard about how painful the shot was. But I hardly felt a thing, I guess the elbow pain was so much worse it seemed like nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    I vote for the shot. I had that kind of pain and it did wonders. And the funny thing was I had heard about how painful the shot was. But I hardly felt a thing, I guess the elbow pain was so much worse it seemed like nothing.
    Well that kind of shot the pain will depend on the doctor. Have had a few that the doctor gave me some pain meds in there first, but also had a doctor that didn't believe in that. He also wanted and dug around with that needle to make sure he hit the exact spot. That one was really bad pain wise and hope to never have it like that again.

That is why some say how painful the shot is when some don't think it was all that bad. Since I have ad both I completely understand both to be true, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Eat a small box of raisins and take a big shot of gin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast