Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4 keepers out of 200+

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 keepers out of 200+

Hit the docks wed. again.Literally caught a crappie on every cast for 4-5 hours...all of them 5-6 inches-4 that barely made 9".

Gave me a chance to pratice watching the line instead of feeling the bite,using different retrieves,lures,etc.....

Honestly,it got kinda boring getting hit every cast,even used a bare unpainted jig...heck,they were even hitting the float!!
    I'll have to remember this day when I go 2-3 hours without a bite!

Post Thanks / Like

That's something. My buddy and I have been fishing dock here in central NC for the past month or so. We've noticed that the dock fish have average bigger than the ones we caught trolling and brush pile fishing. The ones we've kept have been between 10' and 16". Been limiting out early everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

dang cook. you fishing stockton, I guess if we can suffer through the dinks now we will be thankful in a month or so, good spawn last year and this year, maby good fishing all next year. them long days of no bites will sure make you appreciate the days like you had, better luck next time.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! 200+ good day no matter how you look at it; you are right great time to experiment!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think I could raise my arm Today.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

The dock fishing should improve over the next several weeks. I hit it yesterday too for a while and the little guys were real agressive. I'll be setting trapnets the last week of the month and we should see some really nice fish. I'm going to take some otoliths (ear bones) this fall to check on the crappie growth. I plan on taking them from short fish out of the nets and then setting up shop on the docks the first week of November to get them from legal fish guys are cleaning there. I hate killing legal fish before folks have a chance to catch them. I'll only be taking 80 to 100 total, so it's not a lot of fish, but I'd rather take the legal ones from those going in the skillet anyway!