Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between Structure and Cover?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Difference between Structure and Cover?

What's your definition of each?
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Structure is features on the lake or river bottom. Such as drop-offs, river and creek chanels, etc and cover is stuff in the water like brush piles, laydowns, condos, piers and rocks. At least that's what I've been told or read about.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool He's right

Structure is what the cover is sitting on (dropoffs creeks, rivers, humps. ect...). Cover is any natural or manmade eliment sitting in the lake (rock piles, brush piles, condos, stake beds, ect...)
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

yep, what they said
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. That's what I thought. Just wanted to be certain, seems some want to confuse the two. Like when they drop brush piles and call it structure.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Post Thanks / Like

Buck Perry was the first I ever heard of the term structure being used and it is constantly used in error ... But is, as has been stated in replies "Structure is the bottom features (channels, ridges, humps and etc.) Cover is the "Strff on it" (stumps, logs, weeds & etc.)

You will find some that call "Cover" .. "Structure" which is in error as to what Bucks definition states.

My 2 cents worth

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A good subject to bring up!!! Will help the guys that are just starting out to understand that structure and cover is not the same.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Do we have an error on the forum than?

We have one section called Crappie Structure- how to build, drop, etc. Shouldn't that section be changed to Crappie Cover?

Maybe we are creating the confusion by using an incorrect label for one of the forums?:D
    HOI Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up My 2 cents worth

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post

We have one section called Crappie Structure- how to build, drop, etc. Shouldn't that section be changed to Crappie Cover?

Maybe we are creating the confusion by using an incorrect label for one of the forums?:D
    In my opinion U got that right.

My 2 cents worth

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink You might have a valid point, there, Hanr3 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    ... as the word "structure" CAN be used to denote a Crappie Condo, since it IS a "structure" by definition (which is : a thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts). The problem being that, once it's dropped onto the bottom of the lake, it becomes "cover" :p

If you think it would help define the difference, between the recognized definitions of "cover" and "structure", as it relates to fishing terminology ... and help keep everyone on the same page, in terms of understanding what's being referred to ... then I suggest sending a PM to Ed, and ask him if he'd mind making that change (next time he's updating/upgrading/tweaking the system). I doubt he'd mind doing so, seeing as how it would be a teaching tool.

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast