Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pickin Brains

Post Thanks / Like

Question Pickin Brains

Looking for a new boat! (would love to find a new to me yet old to someone else). I want to be able to fish with my wife side by side on the front. I am not the smallest person in the world so I would like a heavier boat with higher sides. I really don't want a bass boat. Let me get you guys input. Thanks

Big

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been kinda looking at a multi species aluminum boat.Looks like you could do a lot with it or maybe a center console.

Post Thanks / Like

see if you can find a bomber somewhere, I love mine, high sides and very wide in front

Post Thanks / Like

Find an 18 foot Fisher with 150 horse motor. Better get a full windshield model if you want the wife and kids to go along. I/we have a Crestliner which is a great boat but the Fisher has higher (deeper) sides. Most places call these boats "Walleye boats" but that style is the best all around boat that you can buy.

Good luck

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Side By Side

Lowe 170 Wv

Name:  2-seats (Small).jpg
Views: 347
Size:  39.8 KB
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

If you can find a Stratos 219 jump on it, they are the perfect crappie boat IMHO. The next best thing to it will be the Ranger Fisherman series boats.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Paul and I fish side by side, too. We've had both aluminum and fiberglass boats, but aluminum has definitely won out. We're on our 2nd Xpress. The hull design is great as far as the ride is concerned (hyperlift hull rides like a bass boat), but our particular model is not as wide as we would like it to be. The next boat will have a low front deck (or no deck) and be WIDE!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Like Frank above, I just bought a 2008 model Lowe Stinger 175. Side by side fishing is easy up front, especially for spider rigging. I spent months looking and wanted to be certain that I got what I wanted as this is my first boat. I wanted a bass/crappie boat and wanted something that was not as heavy as a big bass rig(and not as expensive). I'm very pleased so far. Let me know if you'd like to see some pics of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to agree with WTucker. Been looking my self and have narrowed it down to Lowe, Lund or Crestliner. All have set up for double seating up front. Would love to find a gentley used one, and will probably try to hunt one down, will not mind traveling to pick it up if it is good shape.
    In the meantime I will continue to fish docks and pay guides.

Post Thanks / Like

He wants to take his wife and kids. Women don't like boats with no windshield so a full windshield is in order. Far better protection from the elements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast