Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie ranger

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie ranger

I just noticed your old post about Tims Ford. I dont check the state threads hardly that much but stick with the main forum. I was browsing through here and saw where you fish Woods and was wanting to know a little about Tims. Where abouts do you live. I live in Winchester and have fished Woods a few times and done well. I fish Tims regularly and it is hit and miss. I had 17 nice keepers on Tims yesterday. If you fish Tims, fish the bridge columns and the laydowns.

Post Thanks / Like

crappieseeker,
    I live in the Boro but work in Manchester. That is why I fish Woods so much. I use to fish Normandy when we first moved here but found I liked Woods more. Never done real well on Percy, plus I don't know the lake that well. We went to Tim's Oct7,8,9 but as you would know it liked to have froze there. Weather was terrible and windy. We went to Woods late Sun. Oct. 16. fish were scattered picked up about 6 good keepers but was only on the water for 3 hours. When I say we I mean my fishing partner my son. He has been nonstop fishing with me since he was 5. Now he is 14 and we usually fish starting Feb. in Fla. then move into AL. then on to Tn. fish the spring, summer then fall. Not too much into winter fishing. It is cold and it is also Basketball season. It is good to hear from ya, maybe see you on the Woods. I am in a Ranger Cherokee Aluminum boat. I think I am the only one there with one? I don't know? Have a good one. Later.

Post Thanks / Like

crappie ranger if you want to catch alot of fish, brave the cold of winter some, it can be very productive in Alabama and other places as well. I catch more fish in the winter than any other time.