Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Winter upgrades?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter upgrades?

My fishing season is pretty much over until next spring and its time to make plans for repairs/upgrades on the boat, trailer, and equipment. The lake I fish shuts down to boat fishing until spring, duck hunters.

Motor- rebuild the carb, replace the water pump, and set the carb adjustments.

Boat- think I'll install a radio and a couple of speakers, gets mighty quiet and lonely on the lake.

Trailer- add side guides and move the lights up higher, replace the winch cable with strap, clean/repack the bearings, and install 12" tires.

Equipment- Going to go through all my gear and organize it by species.

What are your plans?
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be fishing. My fishing is just getting good. Winter here is awesome.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Hanr3 I just got done with a long list of stuff on my boat getting ready for the fall season so i spent all summer getting ready hear is what i done over the summer.

1.Added new optima batteries 3
    2.new 80 lbs terr nova
    3 3 new HI-Tek rod holders
    4.Lowrance sonar
    5.pulled carpet out of boat and installed line x
    6.live well pumps fixed
    7.Tune up on the motor
    8.Bought 11 new bnm rods
    9. 11 spinning reels
    10.Couple hundred in new baits
    I hope thats it for the winter and spring because I'm broke now hope i can afford to fishGood luck on the repairs and good fishing in the spring.
    James
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default winter plans

the winter fishing here in NC is just as good as the summer if not better:D move south
    Gilby aka Bill :D

Post Thanks / Like

i dont have any ice fishing stuff. so i'll be stocking up on gear and than staring at it all winter waiting for when i can use it. mabey i'll take up makin rigs in the garage

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to fish 2 to 3 time a week until June 2010. then I am going to rebuild my little boat completely. Winter is the time to fish in the South.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
    i dont have any ice fishing stuff. so i'll be stocking up on gear and than staring at it all winter waiting for when i can use it. mabey i'll take up makin rigs in the garage
    Same for me, most lake around here freeze over so it's rebuild and wait.

"Boat- think I'll install a radio and a couple of speakers, gets mighty quiet and lonely on the lake."

Are you serious? Your going fishing and taking a radio to scare the fish? Dah!

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking of getting my boat winterized and put away for the winter also. I usually wait until the ice starts setting on the lakes, but I can't handle the cold like I use to. I can still fish off of the Marina dock until the ice sets on. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna do a little deer hunting and then lookout crappie! November, December has been good for me in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gilby1955 View Post
    the winter fishing here in NC is just as good as the summer if not better:D move south
    I did move South, obviously not far enough. :D
    I love to go ice fishing, however we have only 2-3 weeks of the winter where the ice is thick enough to actually ice fish. In Northern Wisconsin the ice gets thick enough to drive your truck on the lake and pull your ice shanty behind you. Around here your lucky if the ice gets thick enough to walk on. That just scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by JBledsoe View Post
    Same for me, most lake around here freeze over so it's rebuild and wait.

"Boat- think I'll install a radio and a couple of speakers, gets mighty quiet and lonely on the lake."

Are you serious? Your going fishing and taking a radio to scare the fish? Dah!

I've fished with kids for years, and if there yelling, talking, and banging doesn't scare the fish my little ol' radio wont bother them a bit. If I was fishing in Northern Canada where the fish rarely hear human sounds I wouldn't bring the radio, but around here there isnt a day where they dont hear human sounds. Besides its nice to have a ball game as background noise. I hear it, however I rarely know what the score is and sometimes couldn't tell you is playing. Its just background noise. I have spent enough time in solitude in mother nature to know all of her sounds, day and might, and all over the world.
    Last edited by Hanr3; 10-14-2009 at 07:21 PM.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!