Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ - Shorts only

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ - Shorts only

We fished LOZ this weekend (Tantara area). Our regular Fall spots all produced good count but size was pitiful. Maybe 1 in 10 would keep but barely.

Normally these areas produce 70%+ keepers. Is fishing pressure too great or was there an issue with hatch a few years ago?

I noticed in some other threads guys were taking some keepers off bluffs.
    Is this the strategy if dock brush fishing is producing only dinks?

We have a group going down early November and these boys come hungry.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend, they were saying that it was still a bit too early for the good fish to move into the docks. November should hit them just right. Hang in there.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

At fall camp I fished docks and finally found a LOAD! If you launch at Frankies and Louies there is a Dock on the left; It has two boats in it and on the right side of the dock is a huge white locker. That was the side I fished and out of 40 or so fish, only 4 were dinks. I realize it's loaded with docks, but if you spot this one, you'll know it. Sorry I can't be more descriptive, but it is about 100 yards SHORT of the no wake bouys. Hope this helps you.

Post Thanks / Like

I scrounged up 10 keepers from our docks on the Glaize, but had to weed through a number of shorts, as well. White and pink slabusters were working the best for me.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Most Said The Fish Were Not Set Up On The Docks Yet. Most Didn't Do Very Well. Jackb Kicked Butt On One Dock. I Think What What I Understand.
    Laydowns And Seep Banks Next To The Creek Channel. Even Windy Banks Did Good For Us. We Did Good On One Brush Pile On Day And Not The Next 2 Days. Can't Believe The Fish We Caught @ Loz. 1 Keeper To 4 Nojoes. Keepers Went Like This. 20 Day One, 26 Day Two,30 Day Three, 23 Day Four. You Can Do The Math On The Nojoes.
    Had A Blast. Only Had Good Sized Ones One Day. I Felt Like The Pattern Changed Between Friday And Saturday During Camp.
    Just My 2 Cents Worth.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved casting those small jigs towards the bluffs and slowly working them back to the boat. It had been so long since I had done anything except vertical jig for them. Those 3 ft rollers on Saturday morning were rough. Sure caught a lot of fish tho.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I Like To Throw A Small Slider Grub When They Are Like This Or Even A Bobby G Strol-er Will Work
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Slab Buster Jack was fishing with Chris1 and I, so we were stuck with using his inferior baits. I'm j/k. I love fishing Slab Busters and you will find them on the end of my line at least 95% of the time.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang it Bob,you told me those were Bobby Garlands we were using.:p

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

speck from what i hear if it was the morning after he may have had a hard time seeing what he was placeing on his jig,,,,,,lol brother
    they are all good just some better than others,,,,,,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast