Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We go'n fish'n

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up We go'n fish'n

Well we tried to site in the rifle today & I think we got a scope problem. We were all over the target. Won't group at all.

Jeramy is on fall break this week and he took his 1 day off from work tomorrow so I told him we'd go crappie fish'n. We'll get his fish'n lic. & spank their butt tomorrow. I Hope.

Looks like me and mama ain't the only ones that's took up with him. Angel (our lab) thinks he OK too! :D
    Last edited by Wiskers; 10-11-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, I hope ya'll catch a boat load.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck tomorrow Wiskers. I hope you guys fill a cooler...a BIG cooler.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

keep us posted Wiskers! Sounds fun!
    Keep some for the pan, let the larger ones go back for another day!
    Tight Lines!

~Big D

Post Thanks / Like

9 times out of 10 a scattered pattern is due to breathing, or jerking the trigger. Slow down and breath. Watch your barrel sight, it will move ever so slightly. The best pattern I have found is to move the end of the barrel in a figure 8 pattern. I lay the 8 sideways. This controls the barrel movement to a consistent repeatable pattern.

Now comes the most important part.
    Breath in, exhale half a breath, as the barrel moves through the target squeeze the trigger, dont jerk it. Dont be concerned with hotting the bulleye, be concerned with a tight group. Once you get a tight group, move your sigths to adjust so your on target. Than repeat the process each and every shot.

I learned from the best. :D
    I also qualified expert shot both left and right handed with the M16A1, 45, and M60 machine gun.
    Semper Fi

Good luck and have fun fishing. I went out today with an old Marine Corp buddy. I think we set a new coldest day on record this morning. But we managed to cath fish.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a savage 30-06 that shoots the same way. I cannot find factory loads it will shoot consistantly. I had to go with hand loads. I don't remember what my buddy did to fix it. I am going to say he lightened them up a bit.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    9 times out of 10 a scattered pattern is due to breathing, or jerking the trigger. Slow down and breath. Watch your barrel sight, it will move ever so slightly. The best pattern I have found is to move the end of the barrel in a figure 8 pattern. I lay the 8 sideways. This controls the barrel movement to a consistent repeatable pattern.

Breath in, exhale half a breath, as the barrel moves through the target squeeze the trigger, dont jerk it. Dont be concerned with hotting the bulleye, be concerned with a tight group. Once you get a tight group, move your sigths to adjust so your on target. Than repeat the process each and every shot.

I learned from the best. :D
    I also qualified expert shot both left and right handed with the M16A1, 45, and M60 machine gun.
    Semper Fi

Good luck and have fun fishing. I went out today with an old Marine Corp buddy. I think we set a new coldest day on record this morning. But we managed to cath fish.
    correct breathing techniques make a world of difference

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post

Never had a problem with my shoot'n. I shot the rifle too. We did good when we shot my 30-06. Cover the group with a dip can. His 30-30 would not group thru the scope. Right in there with the Iron Sites. Jeramy said the gun was involved in a little 4 wheeler wreck. That's why we had to put new scope mounts on the gun. I think we got a scope issue but I'm open for suggestions. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I had problems with the high mounts. I wanted the ability to use the iron sights for close in and have the scope for farther out. Kept having problems with keeping the darn thing sighted in. A gunsmith told me to get rid of the high mounts and not worry about the close in shots so much. It gave me a more solid mount and ended the problems. Might try that before you go with the new scope. Good luck. Ferdi aka fred

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modle 94 winchester 30-30

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdi View Post
    I had problems with the high mounts. I wanted the ability to use the iron sights for close in and have the scope for farther out. Kept having problems with keeping the darn thing sighted in. A gunsmith told me to get rid of the high mounts and not worry about the close in shots so much. It gave me a more solid mount and ended the problems. Might try that before you go with the new scope. Good luck. Ferdi aka fred
    I know what you're talk'n about but these 94's eject out the top & you have to have the high mount so the empty's will clear. We're kinda stuck with the raised mounts.

I have a good 3 x 9 by 40 on my 22 mag. that we're gonna try on his rifle. If that works we know it's the scope.

We gotta get it right! He really want to use this gun cause his grandpa left it to him. I don't blame him.

Thanks buddy.
    Last edited by Wiskers; 10-15-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast