Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kipawa Propellers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kipawa Propellers

Guys, the question was asked on where to get a Kipawa propeller. I am not trying to solicit, so I wont tell anyone I am a dealer..... oops

All jokes aside, I use one on a 55lb minny and have noticed some good points and bad points about them

Pros
    Power is way better with the prop. It is very well balanced and has hardly any vibrations. They are virtually indestructable (I have tried sawing my way through many underwater obstruction) and I have only heard one case of when a blade broke. If used in OPEN water I get better battery life. they are not much more $$$ than a stock prop. They carry a load much better than a stock prop. When digging alot of sand the blades dont dull up, they stay sharp

Cons
    If used in low water application where you are doing some "digging" here and there, they drain the battery faster due to higher amp draw simply because they have more blade. Last I was updated Kipawa had discontinued their line of Motorguide props due to design improvements soon.

Just a few of my expiriences. I depend on alot of thrust when bowfishing, the prop does what they claim, but if USED HARD they seem to be harder on bat. life than a stock prop that might be used hard.

Post Thanks / Like

I like mine, but you won't want to take your TM in for service with one on it. They may not honor the warranty. Keep the original prop in case you have to take it in.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a Michigan prop for my main motor! My 1st prop fell off while fishing. My boat now runs faster and sounds like a different motor. Is the different sound good? I know faster is good.
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 10-19-2005 at 10:47 PM.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    Just bought a Michigan prop for my main motor! My boat now runs faster and sounds like a different motor. Is the different sound good? I know faster is good.

What motor do you have?
    What prop size do you have now? size should be stamped on the prop.

Different sound could be more RPM's due to using a prop with less pitch.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Boatman]Guys, the question was asked on where to get a Kipawa propeller. I am not trying to solicit, so I wont tell anyone I am a dealer..... oops
    Thanks Boatman! I found the Kipawa website and as soon as I can dig $35 out of the dirt I am going to get one. PM me with your info and I'll buy it from you. But it will have to wait till spring. I will be using my electric very little from now on - it is time for fast trolling streamer flies with the gas motor for hundreds of fall trout! Then the Ice Sled comes out, whereupon I will be getting some more yellow perch like I am now from boat, then back to Crappie-through the ice! Then, more Crappie by shore casting, then more Crappie from the boat... I think everyone here already understands this pattern, at least those who get ice.
    Sorry for my Crappie attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

I get ice each fishing trip. :D We need it to keep the refreshments cold here in Bama. J/K. I have always thought ice fishing would be fun if you could stay warm. I would have to do it if the ice was here or go crazy from not fishing.

$35 is a good price for a TM prop. I paid $34 for a motorguide stock prop.

Main motor is just a 25hp Evinrude. The prop I lost must not have been the right pitch. This one is a 10 and my motor preforms so much better. My son is a baby dinosaur. He and I together are a load. With the other prop we never could get up out of the water even with a whale tail. Now we get up and move much faster and when alone I feel like I'm flying compared to before. That is until a boat scoots by with nothing but the prop in the water. lol

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Falcon,

Your 25 hp motor must be built in the 70's?
    Later model 25's are using a 10X13 pitch prop with the exhaust thru the hub.
    A 9 1/2 X 10 is normally built for a 15hp, 18hp, or 20 hp pin drive OMC motor.

JFYI

Post Thanks / Like

yep, made in 78 and still going strong...knock on wood..

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    Just bought a Michigan prop for my main motor! My 1st prop fell off while fishing. My boat now runs faster and sounds like a different motor. Is the different sound good? I know faster is good.
    Here is everything you ever wanted to know about props. http://boatfix.com/how/props.html

BTW, I don't know anything about Boatfix.com. This is just a good article,
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kipawa prop

I first discovered the Kipawa prop last year when they were only available for Minn Kota. I was the first to recieve the Motor Guide Kipawa prop after they were made available late last year. Its my understanding that the Kipawa prop is now an exclusive option available on new Motor Guide trolling motors.

I have found the Kipawa prop to be great. I have a lot better boat control while spider rigging at a lower RMP and I use a lot less battery power.

Bill Braswell (Team Keelshield).