Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hummingbird Smart Cast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird Smart Cast

Has anybody ever used the smartcast fish finder. Looks pretty cool and it wong i do a lot of bank fishing or fish out of a very small jon boat.
    What's worse, to be in church wishing you were fishin' or to be fishin' and know you should be in church?

Post Thanks / Like

i gave one to my husband last christmas. he likes it, but the "float" didn't work as long as they said. the floats (receiver/ sonar thingy?) costs 20 bucks a pop and you can't replace the batteries..bad design if you ask me. but they didn't. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to get a little off-topic, but something I have done bank fishing,
    is to carry a bass rig with a texas-rigged worm, with a big weight - 1/2 oz.
    plus. Throw it a few times, and you can feel any brush out there, make
    some good judgements about how deep and how sharp the drop off, and
    who knows, might pick up a big green carp now and then. Just don't put
    them back in the water :D Po boy depthfinder. Cheaper and no batteries!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a used one 5 months a,go, it has the wrist band type I like it for bank or creek fishin, and if ya in a boat still fishin ya can cast it out and find out whats around you, the fish ID not do right for me

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have one and use it for spotting brush and pitching it under docks . when i take it out i wipe the contacks off and keep the water off it. keep it in a dry place . the first one got cracked and guessn it got water in it . might have hit the pilings around the bridge .
    retired and now i will always fish

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to have one. Around docks and bridges seems like it would be great. Seeing what is in the water on each side of a pilion without moving the boat and chunkin it under a dock...man that would be nice. I hope they get that desisn worked out before I save and get one.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Hummingbird Matrix 37 that is supposed to have an attachment where the Smart Cast transducer can be hooked into the 37. I am going to wait until someone buys one and gives it a great review before I invest in one.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a smartcast for 3 yrs now. Mine works great, got it for bank fishing and now that I have a boat with a fishfinder already mounted, I use it like everyone has mentioned above. Very handy, I've put the transducer in the water to test it against my mounted unit and has always been what I would consider very accurate. I too make sure to keep the transducer contacts dry and have yet to replace my original one. I have used it what I would consider a lot over the 3 yrs, so I am very pleased with it. Since my transducer on the mounted unit is at the back of the boat, I have several times tied the transducer( i call it the green submarine because of its shape) to the front cleat on my boat and used it at the front as I troll around. I think they are well worth the money. It sure helped me figure out why I wasnt catching any fish in some locations during my bank fishing days. NO FISH!!!...........my 2 cents
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.