Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Twain News Lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Twain News Lately?

I'm heading up there tomorrow for what may be the last trip of the year. Where they at lately????

Post Thanks / Like

Look at South Fork Resorts report. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thats my one of the sources on my "milk-run" of websites I usually check. Just thought I would check here too. I won't bother anyone here with my report-didn't do too bad though

Post Thanks / Like

The lake has come up about 6' in 2 days!!!! :D

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/uv...meter_cd=00062

Post Thanks / Like

come on Twaingang i need a report. I fish mtl alot but the last few times out have been for naught. WAnted to go today but i dont know if it would be worth it with the water being so high. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

To bad we Twainer's can't get a thing going like those O'Boy's to our west. We could be our own best source of info. Twain's been tuff this year. Have never seen it as bad as it is, and don't look to see it change, any time soon. The numbers of fish aren't there like I've seen them in years past. Usually this time of the year, I'll chase shad or go deep and raise a minnow up off the bottom. May see what's happen'n next week end. Hat's off to you guy's out west. Stockton, LOZ, Truman and Smithville, you all do a great job, working with each other.

Post Thanks / Like

I second that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twains Crappie Dan View Post
    To bad we Twainer's can't get a thing going like those O'Boy's to our west. We could be our own best source of info. Twain's been tuff this year. Have never seen it as bad as it is, and don't look to see it change, any time soon. The numbers of fish aren't there like I've seen them in years past. Usually this time of the year, I'll chase shad or go deep and raise a minnow up off the bottom. May see what's happen'n next week end. Hat's off to you guy's out west. Stockton, LOZ, Truman and Smithville, you all do a great job, working with each other.
    That was the gist of my frustration with my response. I don't come here to then be told to go somewhere else.

I actually caught 10 keepers on Saturday fishing the mid to lower end of North fork (put in at U-ramp) from 8:00-2:00. I use jigs exclusively with long poles and used black/chartreuse in the murky water and green/orange lower section. I couldn't get bit on the bigger jigs (1/8 oz), so switched to grubs and 1/16 oz and started catching them around 8-12 feet deep over 20 FOW. Lower section of the fork they seemed to be deeper and just off the botom around timber in coves- (the wooded little cove by the 107 bridge was decent). I had to find water that was protected from the wind after the front blew through. I caught about as many sub 9 inchers as I did > 9 inchers. Biggest was about 11.5 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

We're all frustrated at Twain this year. The cleaning stations show that. Glad you caught 10. My last limit was the first of May. It may be time to try another lake.
    Last edited by Mark Twains Crappie Dan; 10-13-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report TwainGang.

MTL is the closest large lake for us, and we enjoy it, but the last two years have been duds for us most trips up there. Any reports, even mediocre ones, are appreciated!

I'm taking the kids duck-hunting up in that neck of the woods in two weeks - might stop in to MTL and wet a line for awhile.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast