Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New stake driver

Post Thanks / Like

Default New stake driver

Have to give old Ed credit for coming up with this idea, and it works great, while the driver we built looks like the one in the video, Ed had a good idea, to put 5 or 6 large plastic ties in ours to help hold the stake from falling out, in case you lift up on it, we have had some fall out in the water before you could get it in the water. just drill 3/8" holes around like shown and put the extra large plastic ties through the holes and tape them in..... we left the head on the plastic tie to keep it from going on through and cut them off about 1 1/2" long as shown in the pic. holds stakes just fine......
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

That Ed is a pretty smart fella, now get to work.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

fitting, as much crap as you toss to ED. he has to use a sewer pipe to fend you off.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, think I'm gonna head to Lowes today!

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wood block

Do you fellas have any problems with your little round wood block busting up? I made a couple of those drivers that we used this spring...and after a boat load of stakes we destroyed one driver and pretnear busted up the second one.

In hindsight...the plywood we used woulda been fine if we were pushing the stakes in the ground....but not for driving!
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default We used a piece of

3/4" oak plywood for the driver and have not had a problem yet but we have only drove about 150 stakes so far......oh I mean Ed has only drove about 150. I am the loader (sit on my butt kinda job)..:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    oh I mean Ed has only drove about 150. I am the loader (sit on my butt kinda job)..:D
    Always knew you had management potential.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gonna need a rebuild.......

Oak plywood just has a pretty venier on it compared to regular plywood.

I got some 5/4 oak boards....might have to cut me some round pieces outta that and give it a try. I sure did think the 3/4" plywood woulda stood up better than it did.

Two of us put down around 300 stakes with two drivers......the guy with me might have drove 100 before he busted his driver. The guy breaks stuff....it's what he does. Right Jon? LOL
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No problem driving on this end

Ed drives about 5 or 6 and is pooped out so ours never gets hot.........:D my 3/4" oak plywood came out of one of them high dollar 4x8' sheets back when I built a car body out of it..... like $65 a sheet, good stuff..... had some nice size scraps I held onto........