Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Fishing

Anyone doing any good at Smithville? I haven't seen a report in a while. Did the lake dry up when deer season opened? I figured I would give it a shot sometime this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Gene & i fished w-bridge from 6:30 am - 9:30 them first cove south on east side for awhile ended with 4 keepers but we did catch several shorts left at noon. Water temp. 63 de. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

My boat is down while I replace some flooring. I have an 89 Sea Ray fish n ski and am converting the carpeted floor to a textured gel coat. Should be nice when done, but I dying to get some fishing in. Let me know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

My father and I hit the docks for a couple of hours Sunday morning. We must of caught 100 fish in total. We had 10 that would have kept. The past two months the numbers have been similar but the number of keepers was 3 or four. We are hoping they are starting to move in.

Post Thanks / Like

They usually start moving in the later half of October. When the docks open for public fishing on the 1st of November it's usually pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

I hit up the docks at Sailboat Cove 3 weeks ago, and my numbers were similar to you basscatman. Easily 100 fish but only about 10-15 keepers. Hopefully my ratio will be a little better this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

we hit it the 28th and 3rd at night. The 28th we hot 7 good keepers but the 3rd we could not break 10 small ones. NO idea what happened. Always enjoy hitting the lake though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOfishmgr View Post
    They usually start moving in the later half of October. When the docks open for public fishing on the 1st of November it's usually pretty good.
    They open the docks up for public fishing? Didn't know thatI just got done planting allot of brush up there in the slip

Post Thanks / Like

Which one, just joking. Is there usually a fair amount of people visiting the docks during the winter months? I've been up there a couple times but it has been years. Also have they stopped collecting money at the ramps yet?

Post Thanks / Like

North end is muddy from the rain/wind lately-coudn't net any shad from the bank fri.