Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK guys..you get the credit or blame?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking OK guys..you get the credit or blame?

I haven't fished (except for some offshore charters) for about ten years. Then, a few months age I discovered this forum and started lurking around here, reading, asking a few questions, and then BAM, today I pulled the trigger on a new-to-me fishing boat. I got a very clean, well maintained 16' Bass Tracker rigged for crappie fishing. Can't wait to get fishing but still work two jobs so once a week is all I can hope for. I've never used anything for crappie but a single pile and a minnow. I hope you guys will tolerate a few more questions in the future, and I look forward to meeting some of you on the water.

ps - next thing I need to learn is how to post pictures, any help here on that?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask your questions...no better place to get good answers than on this site. If you will reduce your pictures down to 650 by 490....you can use the attachment feature when posting and put them on here directly from your computer files. I use micro-soft paint to resize mine.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default congrats

You,ll get a lot of time to get things going--Glad you got started this young
    click on that paper clip up by that happy face and if you have pics. on your puter that will show you how

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Compliments of Crappiepappy

Posting pics - Photobucket method

Using MS Paint compliments of Backtocrappie

The board has size limits on pics, for instance 146.5 kb for jpegs. If you do an upload (the little paperclip button next to the smilely face), you will get a size limit.
    All digital cameras and scans have a preset for size, generally way too big. To resolve the problem in a blink quickly and painlessly open the pic in good old Microsoft Paint.
    *Go to the "Image" button on the upper menu bar. Click on it and you will see "stretch/skew" click on that. In the "stretch" box you will see 2 fields to enter values. Enter 50% in both fields. Press enter or click OK.
    *You may have to do that a couple of times, or choose a different value of say 75%.
    *At either rate you now have a pic ready for the post. Save the pic under a new name ("save as") or it will default choose the original and shrink it forever. Check the properties to make sure you still aren't over the limit.
    *Go back to the board's upload button and find your pic and upload it. It will be listed and you can close the upload box. Once you upload the forum saves it until you use it or exit. When you go to post click on the upload button again and a sub menu comes up with the list of pics you uploaded, simply select one and it goes into the spot where your cursor is at. You will get a title between these text tags [ATTACH](blank title)[/ATTACH] that is where the pic will go.
    *Click on "preview" and see if it's what you want. The whole process takes me about 2 minutes
    PICO Lures Field Rep

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new to you boat. You will enjoy the Tracker and with it already rigged you are ready to fish. Ask all the questions you have. I hope to see some pictures of your catches soon.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Mississippi are you located?
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-3 Fisherman View Post
    Where in Mississippi are you located?
    In Ridgeland, near Lake Harbour Dr. & thanks for your responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Frank and Stump also.

Post Thanks / Like

OK...I think that is down by Ross Barnett Reservoir. Get up with DonDon over in the Mississippi forum as he lives nearby and crappie fishes Ross Barnet all the time.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-3 Fisherman View Post
    OK...I think that is down by Ross Barnett Reservoir. Get up with DonDon over in the Mississippi forum as he lives nearby and crappie fishes Ross Barnet all the time.
    I'll send a message to him. Yes, I have seen many of his postings during my lurking.

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast