Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Am i seeing things or was it a dream?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Am i seeing things or was it a dream?

Had to go to Wally World early this morning to trade in a battery on my boat for a new one because i suspected for a while that is was going down. Well, after putting the boat on charge last night and not even getting any kind of readout on the charger l.e.d., i decided to take it in. Here i am strolling through wally world pushing my buggy and just basically being a happy camper because i know once i get this battery, i can put a couple hours charge into it and i can go fishing on this beautiful day. I cut down through the toys aisle, then the pet section on my way to automotive and what to my wondering eyes does appear? A tank with a sign saying Rosey Red Minnows. I look around for Rod Sterling and listen for some kind of weird music. I look at them and yep, those are the ones i used in Arkansas in July. While i was standing there with my eyes real big and my mouth watering i could have swore i saw Jerry Blake scamper away. I didn't buy any right then , but i will say one thing, wednesday morning, i will take four dozen. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy,

Yep, Wally World and most pet stores sell Rosy Reds for feeder fish for larger fish, snakes and reptiles. They are easy to keep alive and real easy for predators to see them.

We're putting the hurt on the crappie over here so just let me know when you're ready and we'll make up for last time.

We've caught around 100 crappie the last three times on Greeson but 3 out of 4 were dinks. The bigger fish will be moving in soon though.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default food coloring

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Had to go to Wally World early this morning to trade in a battery on my boat for a new one because i suspected for a while that is was going down. Well, after putting the boat on charge last night and not even getting any kind of readout on the charger l.e.d., i decided to take it in. Here i am strolling through wally world pushing my buggy and just basically being a happy camper because i know once i get this battery, i can put a couple hours charge into it and i can go fishing on this beautiful day. I cut down through the toys aisle, then the pet section on my way to automotive and what to my wondering eyes does appear? A tank with a sign saying Rosey Red Minnows. I look around for Rod Sterling and listen for some kind of weird music. I look at them and yep, those are the ones i used in Arkansas in July. While i was standing there with my eyes real big and my mouth watering i could have swore i saw Jerry Blake scamper away. I didn't buy any right then , but i will say one thing, wednesday morning, i will take four dozen. :D
    Vietnam Vet
    RECONATACRON-7,
    USS ENTERPRISE CVAN-65

Post Thanks / Like

Default food coloring

I read on another board that someone use red or orange food dye in his minnow bucket to color shiners, I'm going to give it a try.
    Vietnam Vet
    RECONATACRON-7,
    USS ENTERPRISE CVAN-65

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Hey Joe ....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tilghman
    I read on another board that someone use red or orange food dye in his minnow bucket to color shiners, I'm going to give it a try.
    Just be aware that some food colorings will kill your minnows. And some will stain a styrofoam bucket.
    You might want to check with the folks here, to see if they have any recommendations on specific brands that they have used - and the +/- results. Or - you can be our "guinea pig", and report back on your findings.

You may even want to try using a orange jighead/shiner .... jighead/orange tube or grub/shiner ... and see if that makes a significant difference in your catch results.

Whatever you decide to do ..... report back to us with details. Inquiring minds want to know ....LOL!! ............luck2ya ..........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default I too would like to know if that works

Give us a report on if that works. Something tells me that is would be hard to get the minnows to dye red for some reason. The fish's skin is waterproof so the dye may not soak into the fish's skin.
    But then I could be wrong LOL

so let us know what happens. Would love to know all the details if it works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    Just be aware that some food colorings will kill your minnows. And some will stain a styrofoam bucket.
    You might want to check with the folks here, to see if they have any recommendations on specific brands that they have used - and the +/- results. Or - you can be our "guinea pig", and report back on your findings.

You may even want to try using a orange jighead/shiner .... jighead/orange tube or grub/shiner ... and see if that makes a significant difference in your catch results.

Whatever you decide to do ..... report back to us with details. Inquiring minds want to know ....LOL!! ............luck2ya ..........cp
    Regards,

Moose1am