Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spidering

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spidering

Does anyone here spider fish? Have read about it, but have never tried it. Here in Pennsylvania, we are only allowed two poles per person, and a hand line. Not quite sure what makes up a hand line though. Does someone know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S10CHEVY
    Does anyone here spider fish? Have read about it, but have never tried it. Here in Pennsylvania, we are only allowed two poles per person, and a hand line. Not quite sure what makes up a hand line though. Does someone know?
    Here in Iowa your only allowed two poles per a person too.It's hard to do it right with only two poles (LOL).I'll just take more kids fishing when I want to run more rods :D.
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spidering

I have just written an article called Spider Rigging 101. It will be on www.crappiestuff.com in a short time. It explains the basics of spider rigging. The next article will be advanced spider rigging. Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hand Lines

S10 - "hand lines" are just that .... no rod or reel - just line in hand with baited hooks or artificials attached. It's probably mainly a "ice fishing" tactic - but could be used at any time. Some South American "anglers" use line wrapped around a soda bottle, in place of rod/reel ... and they "cast" by slinging the baited hook by hand - then retrieve by winding the line back on the bottle. That's about as good a picture as I can paint, to prove the old saying - "Necessity is the Mother of Invention".

"Spider rig" fishing is just a name for slow trolling with multiple rods ... so even if you can only use two rods per person, at a time - you can still, essentially, "spider rig" fish. Depending on how many people your boat can accomodate - you can use two rods per each person, and up to three "baits" per line (as I interpret the PA regulations). That's plenty to determine the area and depth the fish are holding in ... and probably less chance for multiple fouled lines or hangups, too ....LOL!!

Read Richards article, when it's available, and adapt your 2rod regulations to the general tactics he presents ... it should work out OK, and add one more tool/presentation tactic to your fishing method arsenal .... luck2ya ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappie Article Page Is Up!

The page Richard referred to is now open! Just click on the "Crappie Articles" button. His Spider Rigging 101 article is listed there. Anyone wanting to share their crappie knowledge on a subject, please contact me! I know that some of you are full of it.....knowledge, that is....hehehe. :D

Jeannie

CrappieStuff.com

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you one and all for the responces. My wife and I fish from a Sears Gamefisher boat, 14 ft in length. She usually, only uses one pole, so it gives me a third to play with. Have both a 9 1/2 Johson and a trolling motor too on it. Usually we bobber fish or sometimes pitch and reel, depending on whether the crappies are agressive or not.
    The other reason I asked those questions, was to stir up some discussions on here. Will be stirring the pot again soon, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool beans.

Jeanie Please let us know when the Richard Williams 7 1/2 ft rods are ready to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie
    The page Richard referred to is now open! Just click on the "Crappie Articles" button. His Spider Rigging 101 article is listed there. Anyone wanting to share their crappie knowledge on a subject, please contact me! I know that some of you are full of it.....knowledge, that is....hehehe. :D

Jeannie

CrappieStuff.com
    Regards,

Moose1am