Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: got a quick question and i need all the answers i can get

Post Thanks / Like

Default got a quick question and i need all the answers i can get

ok i am workin on my senior project for school and i need to know everyones best bass fishing techniques . please this is really important.
    If you can't fish with the big boys, keep it on the trailor

Post Thanks / Like

This technique works for all types of fish..... one stick of dynamite!! Lol!! hhehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Most use a fast moving bait to locate fish, like a rattle trap, when you find them then slow it down with soft plastics, jigs or other slower moving baits. This is highly dependant on time of year, weather conditions and location. The very best technique is experience. The more you go the better you will become at catching fish.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation B'holic ...

Quote Originally Posted by bassaholic1414 View Post
    ok i am workin on my senior project for school and i need to know everyones best bass fishing techniques . please this is really important.
    It depends alot on what lake, time of year, and the type of cover/depths the fish are using, but ....

Spring - jerkbaits (pre-spawn) ... small plastic lizards or creature baits on a jighead (spawn)

Summer - night fishing : worms/craws Texas rigged & fished shallow to deep on steep banks ... deep diving crankbaits fished parallel to steep banks ... early AM = topwater prop baits along shaded banks with timber/stumps

Fall - blade baits & lipless crankbaits in the backs of bays/creeks, among the Shad schools gathered there ... crankbaits & jigs around deeper wood cover

Winter - spoons/blade baits using the rip/drop technique in very deep water

All of that is "old school" stuff, from my personal experiences ... and it's "dated info" because I haven't Bass fished, more than a handful of times over the last 10yrs :p

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for answers keep um coming. its gotta be big

Post Thanks / Like

I did a lot of bass fishing in Fla. Flipping was the ultimate way to catch large fish and frequently. On several occasions my partner and I had more than one 10 pounder in the boat . Jig fishing is good and now the Prows are swimming a jig really fast. Like ripping it . I am not big on crank bait but KVD is killing them on CB. I like to finess fish so a super fluke on the surface is great on the surface, especially in the grass. Dradding the worm is always a go to bait. Dropshotting is fantastic. You are only limited by your emagination.

Post Thanks / Like

come on now i need more answers than this

Post Thanks / Like

carolina rig in the summer time on points.
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

crankbaitin

Post Thanks / Like

early morning shallow top water baits. Or wacky worms
    as day warms back out a little to grass edges and points close to deeper water. weightless worms and creature baits fished along the edge of grass or spinners over top of grass . as day warms punch a jig and pig thru heavy grass.

fish carolina rig worms on points.

in heat of day fish deeper structure and brush piles , humps, ditches ledges. and creek channel bends. With deep cranks , jigs,
    drop shots, carolina rigged worms to add weight to the stringer.

as afternoon start cooling reverse and work backward ending with top water lures in cool of evening.

just one trick i have used is put a worm weight on you line then tie on a three way swivel and tie a leader on each of the two other openings in the swivel add worm hooks on each leader.

then add a different color worm on each leader. have caught 2 bass at a time on this rig many times.
    Last edited by sticko; 10-18-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast