Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Shelbyville - Limits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Shelbyville - Limits

Could someone who is familiar with Lake Shelbyville provide the areas that are off limits during Duck Hunting. If known, please provide the dates the limits take effect. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Billr - Duck season starts October 29th here in the central zone. As far as I know the only restriction involving fishing boats is up the Kaskaskia River to the railroad bridge. you can't put a boat in the river between Strickland ramp and the railroad bridge until after !:00 P.M. If you are on foot there are several restricted areas open only to waterfowl hunters. One is the Whitley Creek area north of Bruce and the fishhook area. I make it a point to give the duck hunters a wide berth if they are hunting on the lake - just common courtesy. I have friends who are duck hunters and one year as the sun came up they had a crappie fisherman sitting at the edge of the decoys. Needless to say, he didn't stick around long when the shooting started. I am not a duck hunter, so anyone with better information for Billr feel free to jump in and add your two cents worth.
    Ken