Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Giving Credit where Credit is Due

Post Thanks / Like

Default Giving Credit where Credit is Due

We all love to crappie fish, but folks I'm going to brag on Jerry Blake. I thought my work ethic and passion for crappie fishing was great, but it doesn't hold a candle to this man. He openly and freely contributes to this board almost daily and never toots his own horn. Well, I'm going to blow the whistle on the man.

As a matter of statistics, since October 1, his boat has caught 422 keeper fish in 21 trips averaging 20 fish per trip and there is still about 10 more days to go in the month. By keeper fish I mean the average length being probably 12-13" with many being 14-15.5" at or near 2lbs. and one standing out at 17.5"/2lbs.6oz.

He is definitely a master of his passion. Never before have I know anyone, even on their home waters anywhere, who consistantly catches fish day in and day out no matter the weather conditions. As far as I'm concerned, everyone on this board deserves to be bragged upon in their own rights, but some do seem to stand out uniquely in their crappie skills. Wow!

Guess I better get on the water so I can get that 18" crappie and beat Jerry, lol. Everyone, have a great day!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry is a keeper

He is a Good un allright. I can't wait to fish with him again this fall
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    We all love to crappie fish, but folks I'm going to brag on Jerry Blake. I thought my work ethic and passion for crappie fishing was great, but it doesn't hold a candle to this man. He openly and freely contributes to this board almost daily and never toots his own horn. Well, I'm going to blow the whistle on the man.

As a matter of statistics, since October 1, his boat has caught 422 keeper fish in 21 trips averaging 20 fish per trip and there is still about 10 more days to go in the month. By keeper fish I mean the average length being probably 12-13" with many being 14-15.5" at or near 2lbs. and one standing out at 17.5"/2lbs.6oz.

He is definitely a master of his passion. Never before have I know anyone, even on their home waters anywhere, who consistantly catches fish day in and day out no matter the weather conditions. As far as I'm concerned, everyone on this board deserves to be bragged upon in their own rights, but some do seem to stand out uniquely in their crappie skills. Wow!

Guess I better get on the water so I can get that 18" crappie and beat Jerry, lol. Everyone, have a great day!
    Darryl, I was wondering, do you and Jerry clean the fish your clients catch or do they do it themselves. Just wondering.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris

enjoy reading his posts as well as the other guides posts. thanks for all the helpful insights.

Post Thanks / Like

Very well under stated. As far as a great all around person Jerry is way above the average.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Eager, we do clean the fish for our clients and package the fillets for them. We do it right on the boat. We keep a cutting board, 12volt electric fillet knife, tub and fresh water on the boat for cleaning.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never gotten the chance to fish with Jerry. I live way too far away. But, from the posts he makes on the boards, I've learned a bunch. I appreciate him and all the others here that share what they can to help others.
    Now, If I ever make it to his end of the world he might have a hard time getting me off of his boat! :p
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them