Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spraying foodplots/homelawns (would or do u)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spraying foodplots/homelawns (would or do u)

Im about to take the next step in my life by graduating college and accepting a pretty decent job offer(hopefully its still on the table for me LOL). Im sure most of you know but for those on here that dont know me, Im graduating with a degree in Turfgrass managment, and a minor Ornamental Pest Control. I will be continuing my career as a golf course superintendent(assistant first off out of school) as that has always been my dream since i was a little kid. Now for the question, I have always wanted to do a side buisness of consulting work for homeowners and maybe a small landscape company(one who knows very little about turf) and also some lawn spraying. With in the next month or so I will have already obtained my Restricted use Pesticide License as well as my commercial applicator license(required in my line of work). With this I will be able to purchase and apply pesticides and herbicides that the average Joe cant. The last month or so I have also been thinking about trying to spray some food plots and deer camp stuff as well as my other ideas with the homeowners. Now like I said this would be a part time/side job, mainly to support my hunting and fishing as my golf course job is still my dream job and primary source of income. Question is do you guys spray your food plots or have you ever thought about it but didnt have access to a sprayrig or chemicals? Not tryting to advertise or anything just wanting an honest opinion. I know anyone kind buy glyphosate ect.. but I can buy higher concentrations and will be a licensed applicator with top notch equipment. Just tossing the idea around.

Thanks for the response

Robert
    Its Foolish and wrong to morn the men who died, instead we should thank God that such men lived.
    General George S. Patton Jr

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will do well at your consulting bussiness, and your residential spraying, but I'm not totally sure about the food plot spraying. There is prob a market in some of the high dollar leases and clubs, but, Not sure if there is much of a market for us regular Joe's.....I know I can't afford not one dollar more than we already put into food plots....you know what I mean. I hope I am wrong though, and you can make that money.

Where are gonna accept the job?

Post Thanks / Like

Got a couple things going in Alabama and possibly one in Ms. Got to pray and think about them and see which one is gonna help me further my career. I dont know that there is much in the foodplot side either, just a thought. First out of school I want have time to think about it let alone actually start up an LLC or something. Just researching and thinking. Trying to set my career goals tonight, as its time to re up them since Im at the end of the tunnel I set 3 years ago.

Thanks for your imput it is greatly appriciated
    Its Foolish and wrong to morn the men who died, instead we should thank God that such men lived.

Post Thanks / Like

As I was reading your post, I formed the same response as Pstone did, but as I read on, he beat me too it. Most jake leg clubs, like mine, aren't gonna put in the extra $, but take it over to the inside of the levee clubs or the island clubs and they're prolly be all for it.

Residential is another thing though and I'll bet there'd be a pretty good market for it. Chemlawn comes to mind.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Andy D on this site runs "Tee to Green" I think is the name of it, out of Tupelo, might ask his opinion....He hasn't been around much lately though???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. This is very far off before I would ever consider doing it. My passion has always been Golf Course Management, and that what I plan to do. Just thought about maybe a sideline/2nd job to have fun with and earn some $$$$ for hunting and fishing.