Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Condos

PVC pipe in concrete. Remove pan to use again. Place 5 to 10 in a location, along a creek channel seems to work best for me. Hope this helps everyone. Lets see your attractors...........

Attached Images Attached Images  
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Why fewer pipes in some of them?
    Sorry for my Crappie attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

No reason, just ran short of pipe. I try to put around 9 in each. We make some with wood also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomoxis
    Why fewer pipes in some of them?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Actually, very, very, very cool.
    What are the laws regarding putting structure where you do it?
    Where I live, in the wonderfully corrupt and inefficient state of New Jersey, it is extremely illegal to put such things in any waters, unless you go through the state govt. The GPS coordinates become public knowledge I think. As far as I know, no individual has ever succeeded in doing that, but a few clubs have done it. Most of those attempts were insignificant or never maintained or were a long time ago.
    I often wonder what I could create. At my favorite Crappie lake there used to be a large brushpile in about 12 feet of water. It was the only such thing in the lake. One day I landed 71 Slabs from 12-15" in two hours there! I landed over 50 a few times and over 20 several more times from that spot! They were ALL big. They all went back too. The brushpile no longer exists because the lake level fluctuates wildly some years and it disintegrated when it was dry. Yes, it is world class Crappie fishing there. Find wood structure around 10 ft and you will get them. There have been several independent reports of Crappie of 19" being caught. I lost about a 17" once and another with a mouth like a 15" bass. Almost nobody here goes Crappie fishing for food and nobody does it for sport except me and my friend. People catch giants and just release them because they are bass fishing and they don't really care about Crappie.
    Sorry for my Crappie attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Krazy_--- I purchased the set of tapes by Duckworth. One of them delt with crappie beds . In it he stated he prefered to use the white pvc over black. Can you tell a differance? I've been putting out beds in Barkley now for awhile and plan on alot more. I like the looks of those shorter beds you have. I have some places in mind already. What do you look for when you are looking for a place to set some? Any info will help.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have Duckworths tapes. I have not used any white pvc, so I can not reply. I have used black (given to us by the local gas dept.) and gray (given to us from electrical dept). White pipe can be seen for miles when you are heading across the lake. This is alot of work just to let ole lazy joe follow you to your spot. I perfer black or gray for this reason. I even fish out of a gray boat for the same reason. I perfer to fish channel ledges. 99% of my attractors are on the edge of channels. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ
    Krazy_--- I purchased the set of tapes by Duckworth. One of them delt with crappie beds . In it he stated he prefered to use the white pvc over black. Can you tell a differance? I've been putting out beds in Barkley now for awhile and plan on alot more. I like the looks of those shorter beds you have. I have some places in mind already. What do you look for when you are looking for a place to set some? Any info will help.
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply ! I like the looks of them and will surely be trying some. My son brought home a whole roll of 1 1/2 " black pipe in a roll from a site he was working on. It's been laying here and I thought it would not make good beds. You are right about people wanting to know where you are headed . I made 3 beds last week when we went to our place in Tennessee and just stored them. I plan on going back in November and will probably place them then when the lake is less busy. I also have a big one here at home that will make the trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Taz
    Are You The Guy That Bought A Bunch Of Clips From J&j? If You Are I Was
    Just Wondering If You Have Put Together Any Of Your Stuff And How It
    Worked Out.

Best Regards
    Chef

Post Thanks / Like

Default PVC on Fish Finder

Do you notice any difference in picking up the PVC versus picking up the Wood? I have a friend that claims the PVC doesn't show up on the finder making the spots harder to find by other fisherman unless you use a GPS.

Please Let me know.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I sure as heck hope the PVC picks up on fishfinder even though i have them marked with GPS mine are only about 20' by 20' when I place 3 in the same spot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast