Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coralville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coralville

Some nice slabs are being caught. I got two that were right at 14 inches and they were the thickest I have ever caught anywhere.
    Fish now, you'll be dead for a long time

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just starting to get into fishing in this area. Coralville is definitely one of the places I hope to hit yet this fall. But I've only ever fished for Crappie in the spring (when the fishing is easy!). What is the preferred method for this time of year at Coralville?

(Thanks in advance for any help! This is my first post to this forum!)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board! There are many helpful people on this site. One thing that will get you more responses to your Q's is if you fill out your public profile. This helps people to know your situation a little better, and can give you more specific advise.

Best thing & easiest pattern I can give you there right now without knowing more about your skills, is to tell you to check along the rock bluffs fairly deep. Use either minnows, or jig & minnow combos, and go slow. Evey place you see a nook, or cranny along the bluffs usually has a brush pile sunk near it. Work these spots real slow, and quiet early - should provide you with what you are after.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping to take advantage of some local expertise while I get up and running fishing in this area. Thanks! I appreciate your help, Tim. Maybe this time next year, I can help out the newbies myself! (Once they've filled out their profiles, that is...