Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom rod gathering head count?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Custom rod gathering head count?

The date its 10/10/09 and starts at 9am.
    So we can get the right amount of food we need an idea of who's coming.
    The RodDoc will post up directions soon. I will have my boat so we can do some on the water testing and maybe show you a Lowrance trick or two that I have picked up on. Bring your favorite rods so we can properly spine and "load" test them. Also bring your broken rods along and the Doc will see if they are repairable "most are unless they are within 6-8" of the tip". I will personally garantee that you will walk with a whole new understanding of what you should look for in a rod. You will catch more fish after saturday. Not to mention a chance to meet and chat with one of the true legends in rod building.

hope to see everyone

Al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

Where is it Haugboss may need directions too, have kind of a thick head, would like to be there but have been gone last several weekends may have to kiss some A_ _ this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I will let the Doc give the directions after all its his crib. He will post soon.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Default Directions for the rod building gathering

Assuming you all have been to the entrance to Pomona State Park, from that point go West one mile to the 4 way stop with the two water towers. That is Croco Road, so at that intersection turn North toward the lake. Follow Croco as far as it goes down the hill toward the lake, at the bottom of the hill the road (Surf Drive) turns right (East). Our house is the 5th house on the left, 22343 on the mailbox, Ehler name between the garage doors. If you get lost our land line is 785-828-3250! Plenty of parking in the drive, along the road and a large grass parking area for boats/trailers between our house & the neighbor to the South.
    There will be five custom rod builders at the gathering to help answer your questions. Should be very educational for those who attend plus some food for your enjoyment. Those who come will be glad they did not miss it!

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

Planning on being there bright and early, sure hope there will be more joining me for the fun and education. See Yaaaaaa There!
    dkv

Post Thanks / Like

Default Head count

Jim Shepard, a custom rod builder from Independence, MO will be coming as well as Don Williams, a good local Crappie fisherman. Don has some questions for Al about his Sonar/GPS which is acting up. Also Bud Champney from Topeka will be there. Should be an interesting group.

Post Thanks / Like

Well with the forecasted winds and temperature I have decided to leave the boat at home tommorrow. Most of the lowrance stuff I will show you can be done in the garage on BD"s boat. If we need any actual water testing of rods we can run to the docks.

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool weather

If the cool weather & winds have changed your mind about fishing on Saturday, the invitation to you is still open to come to our rod education gathering! It is warm in the rod shop and the Brats will be hot!
    Most fishermen spend much of their time thinking about the lures, line, reel, electronics, batteries, chargers, boats,etc. - but most do not pay much attention the the rods that they use. The rod is a much more important tool in your hand than you think. It is the tool that transfers the signal sent up the line into the guides and rod set up to give you the message that there is something down there underwater. It may be the bottom, brush, line, or perhaps a hungry fish. The sensitivity of the rod set up can increase or amplify the message or even decrease the message by the use of shock absorbers like cork, rubber, plactic, carboard, etc. depending on the material used in the building of the rod.
    We will have Dennis, Al, Terry, Jim, Danny, Don & others who can testify to you that proper rod set up has made a large difference for them. Even the rods that you are currently using can be improved to help you catch more fish. That is what this gathering is about, for you fishermen who want to understand how the rod can improve your skills.
    If this interests you, tomorrow will be your chance to learn what we mean. Just let us know that you are coming so we will have enough to feed you.
    Life is too short to fish with an ugly, inefficient rod!

Post Thanks / Like

This all sounds interesting and the more I hear the more wish I could attend but have a granddaughters birthday party to go to. I hope there is enough interest for you to do another one and I'll mark my calendar ahead of time. Thanks for putting this on. Doug
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast