Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake levels Low=Good!!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake levels Low=Good!!!

1Weezer made a statement the other day about low lake levels being the best time to fish. I have to agree with him for a change. Ha....Not only do the Jetters and skiiers leave, but the low water levels force the fish to be more concentrated in a smaller area. The hiding in the bank bush is over for them till next year. I think the low levels (winter pool) has a lot to do with the fact that I catch me largest fish late fall thru early spring. The fishes ain't got all that hiding space for six months. I'm out til me feet get cold. The I done for the day...ha... Give cold weather a try. You gonna get some goddies if you get out and give it a good effort.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default i agree

i agree with you on this one. late fall until tva starts raising the lake levels in the spring to full pool is my favorite time of the year to fish. the fish are concentrated in smaller areas and you can eliminate a large part of the lake before you even put your boat in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

That makes 3 of us!!I really enjoy this time of year for all the above reasons!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

My only problem when they lower the lake is finding a ramp that I can launch from. Wish while the water is down they (TVA and private owners) would do some work on the ramps so they would not try to tear stuff off my boat.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!