Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Masters Classic

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Masters Classic

Could someone tell me some results and maybe some of the winning tactics. I searched a couple times today and could not come up with anything.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Classic

I attended the weigh in. Trolling crankbaits, bagleys/bandits was the key. I think alot of the fish came from Drakes Creek. A team from Dyersburg Tn won with a 2 day weight of 19+ lbs. Alot of the teams said fishing was very tough on this lake.

Post Thanks / Like

My fishing buddy Dave is a good fisherman, and he never weighed in. Everything he caught was below length limit. Yeah, I'd say it was tough!

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    My fishing buddy Dave is a good fisherman, and he never weighed in. Everything he caught was below length limit. Yeah, I'd say it was tough!
    I wanted to help anyone that I could. But it was tough and I knew it would be. I fished about 5 or 6 days and I didn't catch a keeper. i approached it as if I were going to fish a tournament there, lots of areas, covering water trying different things, and it just sucked so much that I drove the opposite way and fished the other nearby lake. Well I caught some and I decided for my sanity I would rather catch me some fish... To anyone I offered help to: if you didn't do well, my apologies, it was a tough time to be fishin' the Scumberland river and Ol' Slickery Lake. I figured if you had 20lbs in 2 days you would win. Maybe I should go troll cranks... Naa I think I'll just go to Percy Priest and jig stakebeds and stumps 7' deep and catch some fish. Over there, they are where they should be.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there and I can tell you this I wouldnt walk across the street to fish Old Hickory again and I eve caught some fish alot of teams left and went to CUSA on Grenada on the first morning we did catch fish about 25 but only 2-3 would have measured I didnt waste my time weighin in I had had enough of this lake by then 5 days there I cut out and drove back to Okie Land and went Sun to a lake and had more fish caught in 30 minutes than in a week down there

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling crankbaits was a good method for many people and something we should have stuck with but decided not to on the first day. We did not do to well the first day (1 keeper) but we went back the second day and made up some ground. Not enough to get in the money but enough to make me feel better. We already had money tied up in the trip and saw no sense in leaving. Staying on that lake during the tough time was a great learning experience for us, we learned that we can troll crankbaits with success. Anyway, there was always that chance to catch the one big fish that paid good money!
    Last edited by Hitek; 10-18-2005 at 10:29 AM.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy
    Trolling crankbaits was a good method for many people and something we should have stuck with but decided not to on the first day. We did not do to well the first day (1 keeper) but we went back the second day and made up some ground. Not enough to get in the money but enough to make me feel better. We already had money tied up in the trip and saw no sense in leaving. Staying on that lake during the tough time was a great learning experience for us, we learned that we can troll crankbaits with success. Anyway, there was always that chance to catch the one big fish that paid good money!

Callshy, you have a good attitude about the whole situation. I know its tough not to just give up and head for home. You never know when you might hook a good one. I gave out on Rippla when he and I fished, after what was a crazy day, Tim falling out of the boat, trolling motor going up in smoke and other things. I gave up on fishing all the while he stuck to it. Thinking about it later, I should of stuck it becuase u just never know. I have learned some days you win other days the fish win, I always hope that its me that wins.

I heard a story from a team that fished, they got to this one dock at 4 in the morning Friday. Only after to see about 10-15 others to show up to fish the same dock. Kind of funny must have been good dock, I think they where 19th after the first day and fell to mid 30's the next day.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Callshy, you have a good attitude about the whole situation. I know its tough not to just give up and head for home. You never know when you might hook a good one. I gave out on Rippla when he and I fished, after what was a crazy day, Tim falling out of the boat, trolling motor going up in smoke and other things. I gave up on fishing all the while he stuck to it. Thinking about it later, I should of stuck it becuase u just never know. I have learned some days you win other days the fish win, I always hope that its me that wins.

I heard a story from a team that fished, they got to this one dock at 4 in the morning Friday. Only after to see about 10-15 others to show up to fish the same dock. Kind of funny must have been good dock, I think they where 19th after the first day and fell to mid 30's the next day.

Our first day was not quite that bad, we bothed stayed dry at least. I have learned to except the fact that sometimes my decisions are not the best and that if I make mistakes, I need to learn from them. This attitude just came about in the past few years. To me it used to be all about winning and I would get discouraged when I was not near the top (which happened very often). I now know that I have alot to learn before I can be one of the guy's that are often at the top.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Attitude????????

TAE73,
    You think Callshy's attitude is great, just wait till you meet him! Great guy!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try This Link.

http://www.crappiemasters.net/pressr...05classic.html

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    Could someone tell me some results and maybe some of the winning tactics. I searched a couple times today and could not come up with anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast