Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: In the 'Goon' without meat!

Post Thanks / Like

Default In the 'Goon' without meat!

While we are waiting for the Crappie Busters reports, I'll tell mine. 1st time this fall I ventured out without minners. I felt nakid but it was just cold. On the creek at 8AM. Got 3 long poles rigged with 1/32, 1/16, & 1/8oz jig heads. Wasshoppa on the 1/32, tube on the 1/16 & a beavertail on the 1/8. I always hit the bridge over hiway 75. Caught 3 dinks, one all a three poles, so it seems I have picked colors right or they are hitting everything. Moved up stream and noticed the shad was dissappearing & surface temps dropping. BUT!!! that didn't stop me(it should of:o) Up about a mile I came to some stuff in the middle of the chanel. Dipped, pitched the hole dang thing without a bite!!! Up stream just about 100 yds,,,same thing,,,NOTA!!! Came to my senses and turned around and headed back to the bridge. Yesser the dinks are still there anda bitin. Moved down stream to a lay down. Swung that 32nd oz into it, POP, POP, BANG, rip ,zip, zoom. Short time later I reel in a bent hook. Musta been a large cat. Next few laydowns,,, nutin. Got out my nibbs w/sparkles,,,nutin. Changing colors,,, nutin. Added a rattle to the tubs,,,nutin. Fustrated, I got out the rod holders. Tied double jigs to 2 of the poles. Out to the middle and started slow trollin. Hit after hit and the white bass were scatterd but hungry. Not much size either. Gave up about 1pm & headed to Lyndon 66 service station for some fried gizzards. Not a outstanding report but, Dats de wa it wus!!! <*)}}}><
    Last edited by Crappie Chatt; 10-05-2009 at 09:57 AM.
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

maybe i need to get minner buckets back down out of the rafters

Post Thanks / Like

Chatt, just think of how many little lives you saved.
    Sounds like my excursion to the river at Marion last week. It looks so good but gives up so little when it comes to Crappies. What is mind boggling is that fall, winter and spring, thousands are caught off the old broken bridge. Must be the only Crappie cafe in that river....them slabs must be saying...."if you aint at the ol bridge, you can't eat".
    There are so many 6-8 inch Whites in the river at Marion that you can't even drag a jig in the water when you move to a new place.