Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Milford Wipers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Milford Wipers

Finally after 3 trips and no surface action...we got into some hybrids busting shad. Happened very late...right after sundown. Got 3 that we kept and put back about 4 others.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got to feel the tug, what did you catch them on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Meeder View Post
    Glad you got to feel the tug, what did you catch them on?
    The surface, duh...:p:D

That's probably not funny to anybody but me, but I have heard the same knock-knock joke about a thousand times from my 4-year-old, and well...:rolleyes: My sense of humor isn't what it used to be.

Any size to 'em, Ksfish99? I haven't been this year, but the report I have heard is that guys aren't catching anything over 4# - 5# this year. Sounds like the local wiper die-hards are going farther West for the big wiper action.
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

They were not surfacing when I caught the first one on a super fluke jr...bout time I got that one in the boat...they came up. I stuck with the fluke and my buddy was throwing a bug chug bug...he had a couple on it...lost a biggun that just came off.
    The overcast days should have them up a lot earlier. Fish size is dissappointing with just few running 4-5 lbs. Live baiters have cleaned out a lot of the bigger fish.
    If you catch one on a big trebble hook bait....be careful!!! All stay away from nylon nets and use rubber. Guy fishing with me got one tangled up in a nylon net one evening and I caught 5 while he was trying to a 6 lber untangled in the net. Was not fun trying to get them in boat with out net either. That was last trip without rubber net.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, and that's good advice about the rubber net. If you think unhooking a big wiper is dicey, I have a story for you!

It was probably about 10 years ago my cast met a seagull in mid-air. I still don't know if it was 100% random or if the gull was going for my bait. Either way, I reeled in a really pissed off bird flapping and pecking at me while I attempted to remove two trebles hooks and untangle the line. That was an ordeal, let me tell ya. As far as I know, the bird survived to be caught again.

Still not the worst I've heard of. A friend caught a heron in TX when he was bass fishing with a live shiner. Another friend hooked a big watersnake in the middle of its back with a crankbait. So I guess my story isn't the worst...
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Taxi View Post
    Thanks, and that's good advice about the rubber net. If you think unhooking a big wiper is dicey, I have a story for you!

It was probably about 10 years ago my cast met a seagull in mid-air. I still don't know if it was 100% random or if the gull was going for my bait. Either way, I reeled in a really pissed off bird flapping and pecking at me while I attempted to remove two trebles hooks and untangle the line. That was an ordeal, let me tell ya. As far as I know, the bird survived to be caught again.

Still not the worst I've heard of. A friend caught a heron in TX when he was bass fishing with a live shiner. Another friend hooked a big watersnake in the middle of its back with a crankbait. So I guess my story isn't the worst...
    The wife caught a heron a few years back on HD. I reeled in as much as I dared and just cut it short. We were minner fishing for crappie and bite was on. Whatever drew the crappie to that particular tree was in turn drawing the heron to the crappie. It just wouldn't leave.
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser